Wiki Posts
Search

A New Twist in Citi CC Promos (AA MC)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
A New Twist in Citi CC Promos (AA MC)

I don't have the mailer in front of me at the moment, but yesterday I received a letter from Citi offering me 500 AA miles for initiating a balance transfer with one of the enclosed checks. My recollection is that the balance transfer rate was 0.99% until September or October 2011 with the standard 3% BT fee ($5 minimum).

While we're obviously not talking about any signficant miles, I'm somewhat inclined to take them up on their offer and buy 500 miles from them for $0.01 per mile. By by calculations, I should be able to write a check for up to $166.67 before I start paying more than $5 in BT fees.

(I believe the offer is limited to 500 miles, so I cannot rinse and repeat!)
Old Apr 16, 2010, 8:57 pm
nsr

From churning ~100K a year to 500 miles for a one time BT. These are really difficult times

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.