Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2007, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, Merrill+, Citi AMEX Chairman
Originally Posted by pointman
Maybe I should have phrased the question better. I wanted to clarify if the 3 free uses were more of a one-time signup bonus or if the membership actually included three free visits each membership year?

It sounds to me, from the responses, like you get the first three visits free each year.
The 3 free admissions are an annually re-occuring benefit.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by pointman
Maybe I should have phrased the question better. I wanted to clarify if the 3 free uses were more of a one-time signup bonus or if the membership actually included three free visits each membership year?

It sounds to me, from the responses, like you get the first three visits free each year.
It is every year as long as you are a Citi Amex cardmember
Old Nov 23, 2007, 3:24 pm

Programs: AMEX, Hyatt, AA
This looks like a great card. I am going to apply.
Does anyone know if this counts as a personal card relative to Citi's 2 applications per 60 days rule?
Thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by catonis
Does anyone know if this counts as a personal card relative to Citi's 2 applications per 60 days rule?
Thanks.
Yes it is a personal card. So I guess the 60 day rule applies. The card is great. This is the card I get out of my pocket most of the time.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 8:43 am

Programs: AMEX, Hyatt, AA
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Yes it is a personal card. So I guess the 60 day rule applies. The card is great. This is the card I get out of my pocket most of the time.
Thank you.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 3:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA 1MM
Originally Posted by catonis
Thanks.
More precisely, 2 apps per 60 days per each citi credit card department.

group 1: DPR, premierpass, AA MC, AA amex, driver's edge, citi platinum MC, platinum amex
group 2: gas cards
group 3: professional
group 4: business cards

So, you can apply for 2 in group 1, as many as in group 2, professional and one in group 4 at the same time and get approved for all. I am not sure if mtvU belongs to group 1 though. But I suspect so.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 4:52 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
I got the Professional, Premier Pass and Business with Thank You Points within a month. I tried for the Amex Plat last and was denied due to too many recent applications for credit. I'm not sure if that was just within citi, or overall since I have been playing some shenanigans with my credit cards lately and have a few other new accounts outside of citi.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by tev9999
I got the Professional, Premier Pass and Business with Thank You Points within a month. I tried for the Amex Plat last and was denied due to too many recent applications for credit. I'm not sure if that was just within citi, or overall since I have been playing some shenanigans with my credit cards lately and have a few other new accounts outside of citi.
Citi doesn't like to see too many recent inquiries and re-applying only adds to the number of inquiries. If citi pulls transunion or equifax with you, you might want to subscribe a daily credit report service for a while and try after 2 to 3 months later. On the other hand, if citi pulls experian with you, I suggest you wait for 6 months or longer until the inquiries cool off. I don't think citi will discontinue this card before that. But who knows?
Old Nov 26, 2007, 9:47 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Originally Posted by curious_miles
Citi doesn't like to see too many recent inquiries and re-applying only adds to the number of inquiries. If citi pulls transunion or equifax with you, you might want to subscribe a daily credit report service for a while and try after 2 to 3 months later. On the other hand, if citi pulls experian with you, I suggest you wait for 6 months or longer until the inquiries cool off. I don't think citi will discontinue this card before that. But who knows?
They pulled TU on all of them. Two were done the same day and originally showed as two pulls, but got combined into one after a couple days. I'm already pulling my credit report daily with TrueCredit to bump off the inquiries and already got rid of a few that were 8-18 months old. I only had four showing when the application got denied, so I have a feeling it was too many citi inquiries not overall. I'm going to try again in a few months. My blue cash year (and required $6500 spend) will reset in March/April, so I am not losing much in rebates now.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by tev9999
They pulled TU on all of them. Two were done the same day and originally showed as two pulls, but got combined into one after a couple days. I'm already pulling my credit report daily with TrueCredit to bump off the inquiries and already got rid of a few that were 8-18 months old. I only had four showing when the application got denied, so I have a feeling it was too many citi inquiries not overall. I'm going to try again in a few months. My blue cash year (and required $6500 spend) will reset in March/April, so I am not losing much in rebates now.
I see. Citi plat amex is a little different from other citi cards in that the minimum limit on it is 8K, rather high compared to 2k PP. The underwriter sometimes bothers to call the applier to ask if it's ok to move other lines to citi amex plat for an approval. When he doesn't want to bother, he simply rejects it if he sees too much credit on other citi cards. I hope you will get it after you get rid of all the TU inquiries after a couple of months. But note that even with 0 inquiries, he still sees your all open citi accounts on your report. Whether he cares about those is up to him again.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Customer service quality?

I am considering getting CITI Plat. AMEX. Could those who have the card comment on CS quality? How does it compare with CITI Professional and non-premium AMEX cards, for example?

In my experience regular CITI and AMEX cards have reasonable (but not spectacular) CS, and Chase CS is very poor, even for the $140/year Platinum MP card.

(edited to fix a typo CC->CS)

Last edited by FreFly; Nov 29, 2007 at 1:11 pm
Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by FreFly
I am considering getting CITI Plat. AMEX. Could those who have the card comment on CC quality? How does it compare with CITI Professional and non-premium AMEX cards, for example?

In my experience regular CITI and AMEX cards have reasonable (but not spectacular) CC, and Chase CC is very poor, even for the $140/year Platinum MP card.
Please explain.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Originally Posted by curious_miles
Please explain.
Sorry for the typo (fixed in my post above). A very poor CC (credit card) does not make much sense.

Last edited by FreFly; Nov 29, 2007 at 1:20 pm
Old Nov 30, 2007, 3:49 pm

Save your T&C, Downgrade comming!

From the Citi Plat Amex Site:

a $99 annual savings) and the cost of your first 3 cardmember lounge visits waived ($24 per visit until 01/04/08 then $27 per visit)
I don't recall seeing anything about a 01/04/08 price increase in any of my stuff. I expect the price to stay the same until my 12 months of PP is up.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 1:23 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
$27 rate already in effect on Priority Pass site...

http://prioritypass.com/Join/What-It-Costs.cfm

I believe this is a currency adjustment because the UK rate remains £15. $27 still does not reflect the full devalution of the dollar, it should be about $31 per visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.