Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi targeted 5x offer problem.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Citi targeted 5x offer problem.

Recently I've got the following offer on my Prestige card: "Activate this special offer by 9/15/2022 to start earning 5 Bonus ThankYouŽ Points per $1 spent - up to 3,000 points total - in addition to what your card normally earns on eligible PayPal purchases with your linked CitiŽ Card through 9/30/2022."
From the fineprint: Earnings associated with this program will be awarded as 5 bonus ThankYouŽ Points per $1 spent on eligible PayPal purchases. Where applicable, these bonus ThankYouŽ Points will be awarded in addition to whatever normal rewards your card would earn. This offer may overlap with other special offers in which you are currently enrolled. Bonus points awarded with this offer are subject to a maximum of 3,000 additional points.
3000/5=$600. So I spent $600 on paypal, also earning 5x in a category, but I only received 2400 bonus points, that means it's 4 additional points and not 5. Nowhere it says that it's 4 additional points, like in many other offers. What should I do? Call Citi or spend another $150?

Last edited by yugi; Sep 15, 2022 at 8:40 am
Old Sep 15, 2022, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by yugi
Recently I've the following offer on my Prestige card: "Activate this special offer by 9/15/2022 to start earning 5 Bonus ThankYouŽ Points per $1 spent - up to 3,000 points total - in addition to what your card normally earns on eligible PayPal purchases with your linked CitiŽ Card through 9/30/2022."
From the fineprint: Earnings associated with this program will be awarded as 5 bonus ThankYouŽ Points per $1 spent on eligible PayPal purchases. Where applicable, these bonus ThankYouŽ Points will be awarded in addition to whatever normal rewards your card would earn. This offer may overlap with other special offers in which you are currently enrolled. Bonus points awarded with this offer are subject to a maximum of 3,000 additional points.
3000/5=$600. So I spent $600 on paypal, also earning 5x in a category, but I only received 2400 bonus points, that means it's 4 additional points and not 5. Nowhere it says that it's 4 additional points, like in many other offers. What should I do? Call Citi or spend another $150?
I see that issue, too. Although, in my case, the original charge is not a bonus category and didn't even earn 1x. It says N/A in the rewards column online and only shows the 4x on the statement. So, a total of 4x for me. I figured that's still better than the 2.62 I would have earned (BOA PR) on non-bonus spend so I'm not sure I want to "deal" with Citi CS.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 7:09 am

Have you all seen one of these offers where you spend the money, and the bonus miles post but the actual spend (which get's AA miles and Loyalty Points) not post within a few days of the bonus miles (paypal) posting? My actual spend on my Exec card usually posts the same day every month but this month only the bonus miles posted and it's been a week.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Have you all seen one of these offers where you spend the money, and the bonus miles post but the actual spend (which get's AA miles and Loyalty Points) not post within a few days of the bonus miles (paypal) posting? My actual spend on my Exec card usually posts the same day every month but this month only the bonus miles posted and it's been a week.
That's sort of my case, but instead of miles, it's ThankYou points. I paid a utility bill using the Prestige via PayPal. The Prestige is supposed to get a minimum of 1 TYP per dollar spent. I got the 4x bonus TYPs, but the original 1x for actual spend has not posted.

Last edited by hi-guy; Sep 16, 2022 at 5:23 pm
Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by hi-guy
I see that issue, too. Although, in my case, the original charge is not a bonus category and didn't even earn 1x. It says N/A in the rewards column online and only shows the 4x on the statement. So, a total of 4x for me. I figured that's still better than the 2.62 I would have earned (BOA PR) on non-bonus spend so I'm not sure I want to "deal" with Citi CS.
Deleted

Last edited by willliamjia; Jan 23, 2023 at 12:38 am
Old Sep 27, 2022, 9:24 am

That's sort of my case, but instead of miles, it's ThankYou points. I paid a utility bill using the Prestige via PayPal. The Prestige is supposed to get a minimum of 1 TYP per dollar spent. I got the 4x bonus TYPs, but the original 1x for actual spend has not posted.
Curious if those of us have had a resolution? My base miles for spend have not posted. Who should I email, Citi or AA?
Old Sep 28, 2022, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Yes, I made a Paypal charge, this time in non-bonus category and it shows --- in the rewards column for a few days now. I see promotional bonus posted at 4x, but no base points mentioned in the summary.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 6:52 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Spend

When it says max bonus points = 3000, I interpret that as 3000/4 bonus points per dollar = 750 max spending to essentially get 5x/dollar spent.

Ive calculated it that way for a number of years and it's always worked out for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.