Targeted Citi Offers 4th Quarter 2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2021, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Targeted Citi Offers 4th Quarter 2021

I just got this in the email:

You're earning a total of 5 ThankYouŽ Points per $1 spent, up to 2,500 points, now through 12/31/2021 on eligible purchases such as:
  • • Shopping at your favorite retailers
  • • Consumer Electronic Stores
  • • Clothing Stores
Offer excludes Restaurants, Supermarkets, Gas, Air Travel, and Hotel purchases. Purchases must post to your account during the promotional period to qualify.
Anyone else here got this?

Will I earn 5x at convenience stores then? I don't see it in the exclusion list.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 7:30 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Yes, I did as well. The details are kind of vague and I never got any sort of email confirmation that I was registered. I want to charge a significant $ plumbing repair. I have no idea if home improvement services will qualify or not.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 7:35 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
I just got this in the email:
For which card? Do the exclusions match the bonus categories of the card?
Old Oct 6, 2021, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by mia
I have the American Airlines card.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 5:32 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Make tiny charges if possible, see how they code, and compare to the terms you have been offered.

Citi is so (intentionally) vague about these kinds of offers that it usually isn't worth the effort for me to really log them / factor them into spending.

I would consider in this case that 'favorite retailers' to be codewords for department stores and that ilk which have competing store cards they want to pry some biz away from.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 6:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Isquare's offer is for ThankYou points which indicates it is not an AA card. I am guessing that it is for Prestige, and the offer is essentially for any transaction aside from those which already earn a bonus (on Prestige).
Old Oct 7, 2021, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by mia
Isquare's offer is for ThankYou points which indicates it is not an AA card. I am guessing that it is for Prestige, and the offer is essentially for any transaction aside from those which already earn a bonus (on Prestige).
I guess the bonus offer is spread across Citi's varied offerings since I got it with the AA card. Miles instead of points, of course.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 7:45 pm

I got this offer for my Premier card (I also have Prestige). It doesn't say if it's online retail shopping (Amazon?) or in-store.

On the same day, I also got an offer for 6x to "Book your Hotel or Car Rental at the ThankYouŽ Travel Center from from 09/01/2021 through 12/31/2021 with your Citi PremierŽ Card. Earn an additional 3 points per $1 spent, for a total of 6 points per $1 spent on eligible booking. I am unlikely to use this one.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Yes, I did as well. The details are kind of vague and I never got any sort of email confirmation that I was registered. I want to charge a significant $ plumbing repair. I have no idea if home improvement services will qualify or not.
Yea, it's vague and I don't know why Citi made the email like that. I didn't get a confirmation email either, but when you register, it'll tell you on the website if you're successful or not. I did take a screenshot in case something goes wrong. It's still not clear to me which categories will guarantee to get me 5x.

Originally Posted by mia
Citi Premier and I also have the Citi Prestige, but the email specifically said Citi Premier.

I didn't get it with my Citi AA card.

Originally Posted by akr1970akr
Make tiny charges if possible, see how they code, and compare to the terms you have been offered.

Citi is so (intentionally) vague about these kinds of offers that it usually isn't worth the effort for me to really log them / factor them into spending.

I would consider in this case that 'favorite retailers' to be codewords for department stores and that ilk which have competing store cards they want to pry some biz away from.
I guess I could do that. I just thought people have experience with it so that's why I decided to ask first.

Originally Posted by mia
Indeed, I got it for a ThankYou card, but it's for the Premier and not Prestige, even though I also have the Prestige.

I guess the bonus offer is spread across Citi's varied offerings since I got it with the AA card. Miles instead of points, of course.
I didn't get it on my Citi AA card.

Originally Posted by voodoogirl
I got this offer for my Premier card (I also have Prestige). It doesn't say if it's online retail shopping (Amazon?) or in-store.

On the same day, I also got an offer for 6x to "Book your Hotel or Car Rental at the ThankYouŽ Travel Center from from 09/01/2021 through 12/31/2021 with your Citi PremierŽ Card. Earn an additional 3 points per $1 spent, for a total of 6 points per $1 spent on eligible booking. I am unlikely to use this one.
Yea, I also got that promo email for booking a hotel. I rather not since I won't earn EQNs and no elite recognition.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 2:23 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
I got 5x on a Best Buy purchase on Premier - which was covered under the Consumer Electronic Stores, Dept Stores, Home Improvement, Home Furnishings offer they had on Sep 1.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 6:54 am

Wasn't sure how it would code, but I got 5x points on a Samsclub.com online pickup order.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 1:01 am

Just got one on my Prestige card:

Earn 5x TYP on:
  • Grocery Stores
  • Drugstores
  • Gas Stations
  • Mass Transit & Commuter Transportation Vendors

Up to 2,500 points, through 01/31/2022.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 11:48 pm

Programs: DL DM
I just got an offer for an extra 4% (6% total) on my Double Cash card for online purchases, up to an additional $25. I actually had this same offer exactly 6 months prior. Its an easy one to max out, usually I just buy Costco gift cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.