FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi Prestige discontinued (USA). (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/2045586-citi-prestige-discontinued-usa.html)

dw Jan 15, 2022 8:19 am

Originally Posted by moe8555 (Post 33903723)
So these people are essentially getting paid $250 to hold the card?! What a dream...

With a $0 AU fee as well (with each AU getting their own Priority Pass card)

moe8555 Jan 15, 2022 8:31 am

Originally Posted by dw (Post 33904244)
With a $0 AU fee as well (with each AU getting their own Priority Pass card)

Well, I would certainly be a customer for life if I had that deal!

sudden729 Jan 17, 2022 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb (Post 33894359)
Same here. No longer shows up under cardbenefits.citi.com, and I’ve never received an email from Citi regarding this.

Can anyone confirm if the Prestige has lost cellphone protection? This is saddening if true....

scubadu Jan 18, 2022 7:45 am

Originally Posted by sudden729 (Post 33911589)
Can anyone confirm if the Prestige has lost cellphone protection? This is saddening if true....

When I log into my wife's Prestige account, I cannot find any reference to cellphone protection in the high level overview of benefits for the card. However, on the left hand side of the screen there are several links you can review. Two of those are "Guide to Protection Benefits." One is effective prior to 9/22/2019 and the other is effective after 9/22/2019.

If you open the document which became effective on 9/22/2019, the cellphone protection is the very first benefit listed in the guide. I searched for, but did not find, a more recent guide to benefits. So, it would seem its still in effect, but perhaps just not marketed any longer...?

Regards

EasternTraveler Jan 22, 2022 12:18 pm

The continual removal of benefits. I like price protection, even though I never got to use it, it gave me comfort of mind.

355F1 Feb 10, 2022 12:42 am

Still no word on this?

winterjs Feb 20, 2022 7:03 pm

Renewal

For those of us that have kept their prestige cards has anyone since Citi announced it being discontinued gotten a renewal with a new card/expiration date?

dw Jul 24, 2022 9:39 am

So it’s now been a tad over a year since Citi stopped taking new applications for the Prestige. I know that in the past, Citi has been hesitant to nerf card programs in a way that could be seen as a material change in benefits for new cardholders, during their first year (when those benefits were prominently advertised in marketing materials to prospective cardholders).

Now that we’re past that period, I’m curious if there are any changes in store for existing cardholders, or if Citi’s plan is to just keep running a grandfathered card program (which isn’t without precedent- aren’t there still a few Chairman cards out there?).

lsquare Jul 24, 2022 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by dw (Post 34453453)
So it’s now been a tad over a year since Citi stopped taking new applications for the Prestige. I know that in the past, Citi has been hesitant to nerf card programs in a way that could be seen as a material change in benefits for new cardholders, during their first year (when those benefits were prominently advertised in marketing materials to prospective cardholders).

Now that we’re past that period, I’m curious if there are any changes in store for existing cardholders, or if Citi’s plan is to just keep running a grandfathered card program (which isn’t without precedent- aren’t there still a few Chairman cards out there?).

Do you currently have the Prestige?

dw Jul 24, 2022 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 34454405)
Do you currently have the Prestige?

Yes… since 2013

ithinkurdumb Jul 24, 2022 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by dw (Post 34453453)

What are the benefits left for Citi to cut? Probably just the $250 travel and dining credit?

The credit and the 5x on dining are the reasons I keep this card. Combined with the reduced annual fee for Citigold and pretty reliable retention bonuses, it’s effectively free to keep this card.

dw Jul 24, 2022 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb (Post 34454848)
What are the benefits left for Citi to cut? Probably just the $250 travel and dining credit?

The credit and the 5x on dining are the reasons I keep this card. Combined with the reduced annual fee for Citigold and pretty reliable retention bonuses, it’s effectively free to keep this card.

There’s still the annual 4th night free hotel night…
though I guess my thoughts are… do they (1) revamp the card and open it up to new applicants, (2) discontinue the card altogether and product change everyone to the Premier, or (3) just continue servicing existing accounts for an indefinite time

ithinkurdumb Jul 25, 2022 4:30 am

Originally Posted by dw (Post 34454968)
There’s still the annual 4th night free hotel night…
though I guess my thoughts are… do they (1) revamp the card and open it up to new applicants, (2) discontinue the card altogether and product change everyone to the Premier, or (3) just continue servicing existing accounts for an indefinite time

Any good experience on the 4th night? I've regularly gotten a thousand or two with the 4th night free benefit (especially in the earliest days when they just give you the 4th night instead of 25% of booking), but haven't tried it after it mandated using ThankYou.com.

36902BRF Jul 25, 2022 9:31 am

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb (Post 34455512)
Any good experience on the 4th night? I've regularly gotten a thousand or two with the 4th night free benefit (especially in the earliest days when they just give you the 4th night instead of 25% of booking), but haven't tried it after it mandated using ThankYou.com.

I have not had any luck using either the Prestige or the somewhat similar Premier credits using the TYP portal. The two issues I have with it are limited choice and the hotels that do show up are often cheaper via some other platform to the point that the credit is useless. In fact recently I found a hotel that was about the same price as elsewhere (maybe 5% higher on Citi TYP) but when I went to book there was an additional fee payable at the property (it wasn't listed as a resort/amenity fee as those I am familiar with) but it seemed to only apply to bookings through the Citi portal. Booking direct with the hotel made no mention of the fee. That fee wiped out the savings.

moe8555 Jul 25, 2022 9:33 am

Don't forget the Priority Pass that allows all immediate family and not just two guests. And 5X on OTAs and many tour operators, in addition to flights.