Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't Combine Thank You Accounts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Can't Combine Thank You Accounts

I have two Thank You accounts - one for the Double Cash Card, one for the Premier card. I want to combine the accounts, but when I go to the combine accounts dialog in either account the other account does not show up.

First a rep told me it was because there was a space in my last name in one account but not in the other. I changed the names to precisely match, and now a rep told me the accounts can't be combined but couldn't articulate a reason.

Can these accounts be combined? If so, how do I do it?
Old Apr 30, 2021, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
I have two Thank You accounts - one for the Double Cash Card, one for the Premier card. I want to combine the accounts, but when I go to the combine accounts dialog in either account the other account does not show up.

First a rep told me it was because there was a space in my last name in one account but not in the other. I changed the names to precisely match, and now a rep told me the accounts can't be combined but couldn't articulate a reason.

Can these accounts be combined? If so, how do I do it?
keep calling back and verify all info is the same. everything has to be the same including phone number.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 7:14 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I just did this, Double Cash with Premier. I had to change all of the telephone numbers and email addresses to match, but one account had my middle initial and the other did not. The combination appears to have worked as expected.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: AA (Lifetime Gold, 1MM),UA(Premier Silver), Hilton(Diamond), Marriott (LTT), Hertz (PC)
Originally Posted by mia
I just did this, Double Cash with Premier. I had to change all of the telephone numbers and email addresses to match, but one account had my middle initial and the other did not. The combination appears to have worked as expected.
Thanks. That's a good tip. I've had this problem for a long time and finally fixed it by updating all the phone numbers.
I tried to call Thank You Rewards customer service but got hung up by the system 3 times in a row without anyone picking up.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:35 am

Sorry, how do you do that? I go to citibank.com and it logs me into all accounts. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.