Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Prestige and Premier Redesign

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2021, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Talking Citi Prestige and Premier Redesign

I just got this alert when logging in "Starting in May, enjoy the benefits of your card with a new design!" and the info reads that it's a sleek new design that looks and feels great and has enhancements like contactless. The newly designed card makes the product more clear and visible and the Mastercard logo is now on the front to streamline the shopping experience.

lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 4:19 am

Is it a huge difference, no, but it's a little cleaner and more appealing to the eye. I like.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 10:34 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Nick92
.... and the Mastercard logo is now on the front ....
Oh the irony. Once upon a time Citi was the world's largest issuer of VISA cards. Citi wanted to issue one card without a VISA logo on the front. VISA declined, Citi launched the Chairman card with MasterCard, and gradually migrated their card portfolios away from VISA.
dw, lsquare and akr1970akr like this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: Independent
... the Mastercard logo is now on the front to streamline the shopping experience....
Mine already has the Mastercard logo on the front...
Old Apr 21, 2021, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hkcj
Mine already has the Mastercard logo on the front...
​​​​​​
Yes sometime in the second half of 2020 they started putting the logo on the front but previously it was on the back. For some reason the wording on the redesigned website mentioned that the logo was now on the front to simplify the shopping experience.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 12:34 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
New bottle, Same Wine.

I guess the long run strategy for Prestige is to just keep losing money on SUBs.

They're also closing branch offices left and right, which I thought was one way they pushed the flagship cards.

Our local branch manager - who I thought was terrible IMO - and had been there 20 years somehow landed at another local bank.

I'm sure he'll be calling on us at some point.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 1:03 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
All of the major banks are shrinking their physical branch networks, even as they all open some new branches. Citi's branch network has never been extensive compared to Bank of America, Wells or Chase. They have long depended on direct mail, internet and partner marketing to attract card applications.

All five banks have shut down branch locations in recent years, with Bank of America shuttering the greatest number of local offices (620) and Citibank experiencing the steepest percentage decline (25.3%). Despite numerous legal troubles in the past several years, Wells Fargo Bank closed branches at a rate equal to the national average, approximately 7.0%. Finally, JPMorgan Chase Bank closed about 530 offices – or 9.4% of their total branches – between 2014 and 2018, while U.S. Bank closed 110 offices, or 3.4% of their branches.
Source: https://smartasset.com/checking-acco...n-america-2020
Old Apr 23, 2021, 9:26 am

Programs: Independent
​​​​​​
Yes sometime in the second half of 2020 they started putting the logo on the front but previously it was on the back. For some reason the wording on the redesigned website mentioned that the logo was now on the front to simplify the shopping experience.
Ah - I had to get a card replacement so that explains it!
Old Apr 24, 2021, 2:02 am

I just got this alert when logging in "Starting in May, enjoy the benefits of your card with a new design!" and the info reads that it's a sleek new design that looks and feels great and has enhancements like contactless. The newly designed card makes the product more clear and visible and the Mastercard logo is now on the front to streamline the shopping experience.

personally, i was appalled. the current design is elegant and prestigious. however, the new card designs simply looks like an employee RFID door tag or a public bus/train card. bofa did the same exact thing with their in-house branded cards.

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...l-credit-cards
https://www.bankofamerica.com/deposi...ing/debit-card

heres a close up of the new designs:
https://www.johnnyjet.com/new-citi-card-designs
MaxVO and xov91 like this.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Jul 25, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Old Apr 26, 2021, 5:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat
What benefits? lol. I rather they spend some time and money to research what card members want instead of a new design. They are dropping SUBs left and right.
arshi007 and GundamWing01 like this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 2:04 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by mia
Oh the irony. Once upon a time Citi was the world's largest issuer of VISA cards. Citi wanted to issue one card without a VISA logo on the front. VISA declined, Citi launched the Chairman card with MasterCard, and gradually migrated their card portfolios away from VISA.
On the other hand, First National City Bank was the first big issuer of MasterCharge cards, after their first attempt at a proprietary card network failed. Their second attempt at a proprietary network in the late 70s became their Visa-branded cards.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 3:22 pm

The new card is so heavy! The old one was bad enough. .4 oz to .6 oz.
Old May 2, 2021, 8:48 pm

you have already received the new designed card? How does it look and feel in person? Do you prefer the old or new design?

Originally Posted by voodoogirl
The new card is so heavy! The old one was bad enough. .4 oz to .6 oz.
Old May 3, 2021, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by globaltrotter
you have already received the new designed card? How does it look and feel in person? Do you prefer the old or new design?
I did just get a new card in the mail this week. But now that I compare it to post #1, it is not the new design. It is the pretty much the same as the old one, except the Mastercard logo is on the front and the white spiraling looking design is not as pronounced. And it is heavier than my old one, that was expiring in June. I was happy when my Chase marriott card replacement got lighter and now this one is heavier. And it is also tap enabled.
Old May 7, 2021, 10:39 pm

I hope its a heavy metal vs. whatever the crappy "metal" it is now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.