Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unreliable Citi CC Refunds (lost in mail).

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2020, 11:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Unreliable Citi CC Refunds (lost in mail).

For various reasons, I get 3 Citi CCs that carry credit balance. Citi decided to issue paper refund checks. The earliest was issued in April. But we never received any of those. Citi has our correct address. If I did not check the refund, Citi probably would never send another check. So just be aware of this and check your accounts....
Old Jul 20, 2020, 5:02 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
They have started sending checks for credit balances more aggressively. Historically they could be in credit status for a long time and nothing would happen, but something happened in the last few months. We have a ton of their cards and at any given point something is always in a credit status because of refunds or what not. And now we get all these checks that have to mobile deposited....
Old Jul 21, 2020, 1:48 pm

Programs: *A
According to a rep, if a bill pay cheque isn't cashed within 90 days (IIRC) then the amount is refunded to the account. I assume something similar would happen here.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 2:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Thinking backward, this may have been affected the Covid-19. The account was refunded in April, but approved in June. I guess Citi has been really slow....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.