Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Prestige $250 Travel Credit temporarily includes Restaurants & Supermarkets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2020, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium

https://thepointsguy.com/news/citi-c...efits-changes/
Old May 13, 2020, 7:19 pm

Just received this email!

Nice update to the card
Old May 13, 2020, 11:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I’d received my travel credit for 2020 already for a prepaid but refundable Travelocity hotel booking. Canceled the booking a week ago and got a refund to Citi. I’m wondering how long it will take for them to notice.
Old May 14, 2020, 2:29 pm

it's only for this year though... and even with this credit being easier to use... it's still not justifying the $595 fee is my main problem .
Old May 15, 2020, 11:05 pm

Perfect timing before I cancel next month. Got my full $250 in this last statement from supermarkets
Old May 16, 2020, 5:42 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Well, if you don't post the loop hole, then less likely that they'll figure it out. SILENCE!!!!!!
Old May 18, 2020, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Well, if you don't post the loop hole, then less likely that they'll figure it out. SILENCE!!!!!!
Its not really a loophole, as normally I would have traveled well before now.
Old May 21, 2020, 1:12 pm

Does the credit show up on statement close?
Or a few days after the purchase?
Old Jun 4, 2020, 1:05 pm

Prestige Card- Timing of Travel Credit

I mistakenly thought my annual fee would not be assessed til July. As I am not utilizing the value of the Prestige card I was planning to cancel (unless I was able to score an awesome retention bonus having been twice unsuccessful at that but having kept the card nonetheless). I have left a good portion of the $250 annual travel credit untapped. I had planned to make a travel purchase of some sort this month. Will I still be able to count on the travel credit? My next statement should close around 7/3 and my autopay for my June statement which includes the $495 annual fee is scheduled for 7/1. The $11 travel credit I received (for a restaurant purchase) posted the same day my June statement closed. So I am wondering if my "travel year" in terms of my statement credit ended the date my annual fee assessed or the date when it is due.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 1:25 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by Redeemed
,,,, So I am wondering if my "travel year" in terms of my statement credit ended the date my annual fee assessed or the date when it is due.
Travel credit is a Calendar Year benefit, unrelated to your card account anniversary.

Your Card Account is eligible to receive statement credits of up to $250 per calendar year for Travel Purchases made by the Primary cardmember or Authorized Users and which appear on your billing statement during that calendar year (“Travel Credit”). Citi will automatically post available Travel Credit(s) after eligible Travel Purchases appear on your statement. Please allow one to two billing cycles after the qualifying purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the account.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 6:03 pm

Also ... You can use the Citi Prestige travel credits at supermarkets and restaurants until the end of the year.

https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...to-meet-spend/
Old Jun 8, 2020, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by hurnik
Does the credit show up on statement close?
Or a few days after the purchase?
Mine didn't kick in until the statement close, just an FYI.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Does anyone know if loading up uber cash balance triggers the credit ? I'm asking this not specifically for 2020 but for the next year. I may downgrade my Prestige to DC early next year and was wondering how to best utilize the $250 credit for next year.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
Bump. Does anyone know if Supermarkets includes Prime Now pick-up and delivery from Whole Foods? I'm not going into super markets because of the pandemic at the moment. Thanks.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 10:03 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
There is no reliable answer to this question. Amazon uses several names to market similar services across the country. If (in your market) Prime Now offers general merchandise, and you just happen to order groceries, the merchant account used to bill the transaction will likely not be a Whole Foods account.

There is some useful discussion in this thread: Freedom 2020 Q2 bonus categories: grocery, fitness clubs, gyms & "select" streaming.

Start reading at post 29 and continue to at least post 50, with particular attention to post 38 which is a good summary of the diverse Amazon grocery delivery services.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.