Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi new/replacement card delivery delayed.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2020, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Grrrr

for weeks I’ve been getting messages about how I’m getting enhanced
cards and the account number is changing. So far, Nada.

Now they’ve made the flip and and old card had been deactivated, but no new card. I can’t charge anything since the old card is closed and all I know about the new one is the number is ...xxxx. I asli can’t get to work changing all my recurring and stored charges.

So I contact them and all they say is the the new cards haven’t been mailed “due to Covid.” OK I get that, but when this has happened in the past the old card hasn’t been deactivated until I activate the new one (except I’m cases of fraud, which this isn’t) it’s just a routine replacement card. Not happy.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 7:15 pm
Suspended

This happened to us too. We just got the USPS delivery yesterday, some 2 1/2 weeks or so after account number change.

Here is the work around. Go to ‘Get Replacement Card’ and choose ‘Card Damaged’. From there, I’ve been able to have several cards overnighted via Fedex for no charge.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by milepig
Grrrr

Now they’ve made the flip and and old card had been deactivated, but no new card. I can’t charge anything since the old card is closed and all I know about the new one is the number is ...xxxx. I asli can’t get to work changing all my recurring and stored charges.

So I contact them and all they say is the the new cards haven’t been mailed “due to Covid.” OK I get that, but when this has happened in the past the old card hasn’t been deactivated until I activate the new one (except I’m cases of fraud, which this isn’t) it’s just a routine replacement card. Not happy.
What do you mean by "enhanced card." ??
Old Apr 23, 2020, 7:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by milepig
Grrrr

Hey buddy,

I know I posted last night, but I've added some attachments for a 'step by step' process. See if this works for you as well!

Cheers,

Old Apr 23, 2020, 2:12 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
What do you mean by "enhanced card." ??
I suspect its contactless payment - at least thats what happened for me, and yes I too had the notice for about a month before any card showed up
Old Apr 28, 2020, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by cslovacek
This happened to us too. We just got the USPS delivery yesterday, some 2 1/2 weeks or so after account number change.

Here is the work around. Go to ‘Get Replacement Card’ and choose ‘Card Damaged’. From there, I’ve been able to have several cards overnighted via Fedex for no charge.
thanks. Just discovered this same problem for my Costco card.

now having a new issue - fraud. I’ll have to call their fraud dept because of fraud attempts. This is my Costco card (redundant) - can I still use this card for both entry and when the cashier checks my costco membership at checkout? I know the card will be compromised but hope I can still use it for membership because I don’t have another membership card... I’ve always depended on this for membership :-)
Old Apr 28, 2020, 4:16 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
This happened to me also. New account number but 3 weeks and no card. I called and they said they were starting to catch up but not to worry as my old card would be good for 90 days. Card came the next week. It is contactless and she also told me that it had something to do with American also.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
I have got this problem as well, which is silly, because I replaced my card a few months back and have already received the contact less payment version!
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:05 pm

Angry Citi new card delayed delivery

Just wondering how long do people wait for citi card mail these days.

I've waited for my first citi card, which keeps getting lost in regular mail for 3 weeks.
Old May 1, 2020, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by featureflag

I've waited for my first citi card, which keeps getting lost in regular mail for 3 weeks.
You're not alone. I'm on the east coast and it took 11 business days to receive my card. So damn annoying and this isn't even my first Citi card!

Last edited by mia; May 1, 2020 at 6:00 pm Reason: Please see Flyertalk rule 16.
Old May 2, 2020, 7:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by featureflag

It’s not getting lost in the mail. Citi just hasn’t mailed it out. As I previously noted, it can take 3 weeks or so for the card to be delivered, but you can request a workaround as I showed above. I was able to obtain 4 cards via overnight rush delivery before ever getting the standard USPS delivery.
Old May 2, 2020, 12:53 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by abk
This happened to me also. New account number but 3 weeks and no card. I called and they said they were starting to catch up but not to worry as my old card would be good for 90 days. Card came the next week. It is contactless and she also told me that it had something to do with American also.
After receiving the new card, a week later I received new cards for the old cancelled account. They really are screwed up.
Old May 4, 2020, 7:01 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by abk
After receiving the new card, a week later I received new cards for the old cancelled account. They really are screwed up.
did you request they resend the new cards? so new cards can arrive earlier than original shipment? in a similar spot where i've been waiting 3 weeks at this point and sure if i should void original shipment and let them resend new account number card
Old May 4, 2020, 10:11 am
abk

Originally Posted by Flyertalker1
did you request they resend the new cards? so new cards can arrive earlier than original shipment? in a similar spot where i've been waiting 3 weeks at this point and sure if i should void original shipment and let them resend new account number card
While I was waiting for the new account cards I called them and they were able to look and see if they had shipped yet. I've called them twice now about this and didn't have to wait long either time and the person I spoke to was able to look and see exactly what was going on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.