FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1892264-citi-aa-cards-all-platinum-gold-executive-business-2018-a.html)

PresskittJon May 29, 2018 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Davyboyo (Post 29793641)
So is the concensus that we should wait 65 days from last approval or 65 from latest approval or denial? I had an approval back on April 16th and tried my luck a few days ago but was denied due to MAC. Not sure if I should now wait unti 7/26 due to the recent denial or apply on 6/20 which would be 65 days after last approval.

I'm also curious here. I've been following this thread religiously for the past 2 months but cannot determine what the overall consensus is. Thanks!

MaxVO May 29, 2018 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by PresskittJon (Post 29805581)
I'm also curious here. I've been following this thread religiously for the past 2 months but cannot determine what the overall consensus is. Thanks!

To determine when it's ok to apply again, consider past application dates, not approvals.

Insder May 29, 2018 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO (Post 29806186)
To determine when it's ok to apply again, consider past application dates, not approvals.

In my experience, this is not correct. For MAC, it appears to be 1/65 approved. My data is end of Feb approved, three weeks later denied, 65 days from end of Feb approved, one week later denied. Both denials were MAC but not able to be overturned.

rover4618 May 29, 2018 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Insder (Post 29807002)

In my experience, this is not correct. For MAC, it appears to be 1/65 approved. My data is end of Feb approved, three weeks later denied, 65 days from end of Feb approved, one week later denied. Both denials were MAC but not able to be overturned.

This is my experience as well. 65 days since last approval even with a MAC denial in between.

RobertHanson May 29, 2018 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson (Post 29796851)
Yeah, just got another 9 digit 65K/$4K in the mail yesterday, exp 7/15.

Jan thru April, when I got a mailer, I ended up getting two. Either the same day, or a day later. This time I got a mailer on Sat, and nothing today. Of course, DW and I can use the same mailer twice each, but I just feel better using multiple ones. Maybe another one tomorrow?

IkeEsq May 29, 2018 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by rover4618 (Post 29807026)
This is my experience as well. 65 days since last approval even with a MAC denial in between.

My wife and I applied 2 days apart, approved, one month later applied 2 days apart, denied, one month later (62 days from approval) denied. I was able to overturn MAC but she was not.

Happy May 29, 2018 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson (Post 29807054)
Jan thru April, when I got a mailer, I ended up getting two. Either the same day, or a day later. This time I got a mailer on Sat, and nothing today. Of course, DW and I can use the same mailer twice each, but I just feel better using multiple ones. Maybe another one tomorrow?

Is this established now that a person can use the same mailer twice? Or you mean the same mailer can be used by both you and your wife?

PresskittJon May 29, 2018 7:19 pm

Thanks all. Seems like Citi gonna Citi so YMMV as to when to apply after MAC denial.

gnomey May 29, 2018 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Insder (Post 29807002)

Originally Posted by rover4618 (Post 29807026)

+1

MAC denial doesnt reset the 8/65 IME.
MAC is somewhat random and seems to be more prevalent when the application dates are not sufficiently far apart.
While frustrating, the blessing in disguise is that it does not involve a HP.

I guess we just have to accept the new fraud system Citi implements. This is the new normal

HolyTiger May 30, 2018 9:44 am

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere so here it goes.

Applied for wife using mailer code. Said approved but then she received an email with the 7-10 day message.

Normal approval just Citi?

No Citi cards in past 6 months, been on SPG.

NTP9766 May 30, 2018 10:46 am

Originally Posted by HolyTiger (Post 29809328)
Didn't see this mentioned anywhere so here it goes.

Applied for wife using mailer code. Said approved but then she received an email with the 7-10 day message.

Normal approval just Citi?

No Citi cards in past 6 months, been on SPG.

Normal, IMO. I had that happen on one of my last two apps, and got the card a week later.

RobertHanson May 30, 2018 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 29807225)
Is this established now that a person can use the same mailer twice? Or you mean the same mailer can be used by both you and your wife?

It is my, (perhaps mistaken?), understanding that one can use the same mailer twice. Do you have opposing DPs?

I haven't actually tried that, since up to now we've been getting two mailers at more or less the same time. So we have each used them once apiece. Now however it looks like we are just getting one this month. But with the 65 day rule we may not be able to use our current mailers more than once each anyway.

Richard Berg May 30, 2018 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Richard Berg (Post 29787077)
App for Platinum #12 went pending. Took a few tries to get thru to the right credit analyst; when I finally did, they requested W2 verification. This is a first for me. I've emailed the info over -- wish me luck.

Approved.

Hopefully just a 1-time speed bump, now that they know I'm not lying. I suspect that reducing my CLs earlier & more often will help avoid this as well.

HolyTiger May 30, 2018 11:47 am

Originally Posted by NTP9766 (Post 29809570)
Normal, IMO. I had that happen on one of my last two apps, and got the card a week later.

Yep, just received an approval email. Thanks

mia May 30, 2018 7:10 pm

Moderator action

Questions about domestic checked bag benefit have been moved:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi...questions.html

The BEST place to research such question is in the AA forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...g-baggage.html