FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1892264-citi-aa-cards-all-platinum-gold-executive-business-2018-a.html)

NTP9766 Jun 10, 2018 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by wco81 (Post 29851257)
Anyone meet the required spend for these cards by buying tickets on other airlines?

obviously no 2x bonus but the goal is to get the intro bonus.

I have, multiple times.

philemer Jun 10, 2018 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Robl (Post 29848505)
Almost certainly you would be approved.

Thanks.

Advice on Business app: Wife and I own a small investment property with no "DBA" name. So the name of our business will be my name & legal structure sole proprietor. We bought the property about 2 1/2 yrs ago. Revenue is abt $12K a year but net income is still negative. If I answer all questions honestly should I anticipate any issues with an instant approval? FICO is ~ 800, no CITI apps opened or closed in the last 24+ months and very few new card accts. (less than 5) with all banks in same time period. I guess I'm a little paranoid because of a grilling we got from Chase on a business app. a couple yrs ago.

jiaogulan Jun 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 29851301)
Thanks.

Advice on Business app: Wife and I own a small investment property with no "DBA" name. So the name of our business will be my name & legal structure sole proprietor. We bought the property about 2 1/2 yrs ago. Revenue is abt $12K a year but net income is still negative. If I answer all questions honestly should I anticipate any issues with an instant approval? FICO is ~ 800, no CITI apps opened or closed in the last 24+ months and very few new card accts. (less than 5) with all banks in same time period. I guess I'm a little paranoid because of a grilling we got from Chase on a business app. a couple yrs ago.

CitiBusiness was my first foray into the business card game after having 15+ personal cards. Did my name as company name, sole prop, 0 years in business, $0 revenue and was approved with zero grilling and simply an identity verification. If you do the same with a 12K revenue report can I guarantee you'll get the same as me? No. But can I say Citi gave me no flak compared to BoA business (grill session), Chase (not tried, do not want a grill session or extra attention on my accounts right now, read the crap people are getting from Marriott Business Apps right now, and no I am not paranoid) -- yes.

Bottom line, I'd go for it, whether you say 12K (if you do this, just have the 12K documentation ready) or 0K revenue. Citi (personal or business) is still hot if you don't get MAC'd. I'd strike now, because it may be gone if you blink.

SeeBuyFly Jun 10, 2018 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by wco81 (Post 29851257)
Anyone meet the required spend for these cards by buying tickets on other airlines?

obviously no 2x bonus but the goal is to get the intro bonus.

There's no rule about what you can and cannot buy. However, if you are planning to buy refundable tickets and return them after getting the bonus, don't try that.

AZDbacks17 Jun 11, 2018 12:18 am

Originally Posted by vh_bu98 (Post 29828812)
I got the AA Platinum card with the 60k miles bonus with the $3k spend three weeks ago. Last week I sent a secure message asking about matching to the 75k miles offer and they responded by adding 15k miles to my account.

I did the exact same thing ...same offer and got 75k. Then 9 days later used a 12 digit mailer for 55k 4k/4 month spend Gold card with no 24 month language .I got the 7-10 day message. I didn't call..just waited.and on day 7 was approved! Now I will send SM and try for another 75k offer match. Actually it is the 65k offer..55 k / 4k spend in 4 months +10k for 6k spend in 12 months= 65k...

bobert24 Jun 11, 2018 9:18 am

Originally Posted by beastieb (Post 29845337)
I got a call this week about a Citi AA personal card thats been open for almost a month now. They asked if it was me that opened the card and that was that.

We got one this week for a card that's been open almost 2 months. Same thing - just making sure I was the one who opened the card. So these calls are still coming, although they may have slowed a bit.

mango305 Jun 11, 2018 1:37 pm

$200 credit

I applied for the 50,000 miles + $200 statement credits AA Business card.
bought two $100 AA eGift cards on 6/6, can I get the $200 statement credit?

philemer Jun 11, 2018 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by mango305 (Post 29854735)

You bought the 2 GC with your new AA Biz card? Send them a SM and let us know what they say.

Stmt. credits usually appear after you've made $200++ in overall purchases. :confused:

sdsearch Jun 11, 2018 4:45 pm

Thanks.

With most banks, it's safer to pretend to not really have a business (by answering 0 for everything and giving your'info as the business info), than to give real answers, unless documentaition is super easy. If you answer $0, they're not going to ask you to document that $0. If you answer $12k, they may ask you to document that $12k. So why answer $12k instead of $0?

wyogold Jun 11, 2018 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by mango305 (Post 29854735)

You're confusing this with the Amex plat airline credit ...

mensday Jun 11, 2018 7:31 pm

Data point:2/65 still working for me. Just approved for my second card in 8 days. I also dont see a hard pull for today's application.

mango305 Jun 11, 2018 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold (Post 29855651)
You're confusing this with the Amex plat airline credit ...

No I am not confused.
I am aware that Amex airline credit needs to buy $100 eGC or less to trigger reimbursement. I cound't find any DP here on reimbursement on citi aadvantage cards but I recalled that I was able to get reimbursed $200 credit by buying AA eGC when there was aadvantage executive card with 100,000 miles + $200 credit offer a couple of years ago. So just to be on the safe side I bought two $100 eGC this time but I am supprised that I haven't seen the credit back yet so I start wondering if game has changed

mia Jun 12, 2018 8:01 am

...Wife and I own a small investment property with no "DBA" name. So the name of our business will be my name & legal structure sole proprietor. .... If I answer all questions honestly....

To answer all questions honestly you would seem to need to apply as a partnership, rather than as a sole proprietorship.

Richard Berg Jun 12, 2018 8:40 am

Today's DP: 60K/3K/3mo successfully matched to 75K

miles4sheli Jun 12, 2018 9:58 am

Cannot Login to 1 Account Online - CAN to the other

Is anyone else having issues with logging in to the Citi website? On Sunday, one of my CitiBusiness AAdvantage accounts was having major glitches, but was told via Chat they were working on it. On Monday I couldn't log in, but could login with another CitiBusiness AAdvantage account. The same is happening this morning.

I have seen online posts about this happening to others in the past, just curious if this is a known issue right now. Not sure how much longer I need to wait before I take the time to call (I don't really have any extra time for the next few days:>).

THANKS!
UPDATE: By late evening, the problem was fixed and I could log on. I found it odd that I could log in with one account but not the other.