Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2020, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
What counted as online purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Amazon purchase or re-load
  • Carters.com (Merchandise-CHILDRENS / INFANTS WEAR STORE)
  • Costco.com
  • Ebay seller fees (direct entry) (MCC: N/A)
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Gift Card Mall
  • Homedepot.com (Merchandise-HOME SUPPLY WAREHOUSE STORES)
  • Iherb.com (Merchandise-MISC FOOD STORE,SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE)
  • Kygunco.com (Merchandise-DURABLE GOODS, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
  • Lockedloaded.com (Merchandise-SPORTING GOODS STORES)
  • MileagePlusX (MCC varies)
  • Pirateship.com (Services-COURIER SERVICE, FREIGHT FORWARDERS)
  • Plastiq (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
  • Scholastic.com (Organizations-MISC SCHOOLS / EDUCATIONAL SERVICES)
  • Usmint.gov (Services-MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES)
  • united.com (Air Travel-UNITED AIRLINES)
What didn't count as online purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Geico.com (Services-INSURANCE-SALES / UNDERWRITING)
  • Paypal (MCC varies)
What counted as utilities purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Cable, Satellite, TV (Restaurants-CABLE,SATELLITE,PAY TV/RADIO SERVICES)
  • Telecom (Restaurants-TELEPHONE SERVICE)
  • Telecom (Services-TELEPHONE SERVICE/EQUIPMENT)
  • Utilities (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
What didn't count as Travel purchase (alphabetical order):
  • VRBO

Credit Line Increases
This is very odd, but according to the Chatbot on the website:
Q. When requesting a credit limit increase, is the credit inquiry a hard or soft credit inquiry?
A. Unfortunately, until we process the request, there isn't a way for us to know if a credit line increase request will be a soft or hard hit on your credit report. For this reason, we have to receive your permission to pull a copy of your credit report before we process the increase request. If you process the request online, you will see a message stating "By submitting this form, you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

To request an increase online:
In order to request an increase, you will need to go to your “Credit Home” page, and find “Available Credit” at the top of the page. Then, click on the link that says “Request Increase” to begin the process.

Print Wikipost

Citi Sears Cards (2014 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2021, 1:41 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I remember Citi publishes its list of "categories". I just can't find it. Those are specific to Citi since most of Citi's cards are Mastercards.
Old May 16, 2021, 4:09 am

Also got the 10k offer for department and clothing stores. But since our Macy's JCP and H&M all closed over the summer doesn't leave too many options. Of course Sears has been gone for decades. And as you can guess never had a Nieman Markus Saks or any other stores like that here. That pretty much leaves Kohl's and Boscov's though not sure what their gift card supply is...
Old May 18, 2021, 8:19 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by yepperoni
Got an offer for 10% on Warehouse Clubs and Drug Stores, max $55 back with minimum $300 spend. Not as good as other offers I’ve gotten but I’ll take it. I can just buy a $300 Costco shop card to make sure I meet the min spend for this one.
Sam's sells $250 VGCs as well, the fee is $4.88. All drugstores sell $500 VGCs with a fee of $5.95
Old May 20, 2021, 5:05 pm

Just got another offer to spend $750 and get 7500 points. Plus the 1x on all purchases. Rather do this than be concerned about the dept store offer as I can pay insurance utilities etc...
vicmail12 and mhdena like this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 10:16 pm

Just got yet another offer for 10% back on over $1000 spend on Travel and Entertainment, max $150. This one doesn’t appear to be monthly, so I have until the end of August to meet it. Hmm.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Caribgrl
Just got another offer to spend $750 and get 7500 points. Plus the 1x on all purchases. Rather do this than be concerned about the dept store offer as I can pay insurance utilities etc...
I got this as well!

Technically they could overlap, correct? While spending for dept stores it would also apply to the "Any" $750?

My new June 1st offer is for Travel and Entertainment, with a relatively high minimum threshold, especially without travel really happening.
For total eligible travel and entertainment purchases of $1,000 or more made from 06/01/21 (or the date you activate this offer, whichever is later) through 08/31/21, you’ll earn 10X Bonus ThankYou Points (up to a maximum total of 15,000 Bonus ThankYou Points for this offer).

Any recommendations on spend in Travel & Entertainment? (and what qualifies as entertainment? Basically activities like movies etc?)
Old Jun 2, 2021, 12:37 pm

One other update from April spending.

I had both an online purchases bonus limited to 7.5k pts and a Restaurants/gas/grocery limited to 25k points for 4/1/-4/30.

I met both but at the end of May when I got my bonuses, I only got the online spending. I called to ask and they said it might take another month for the other, assuming I did qualify. If spending is done towards the end of the month, or maybe after a cycle ends, does it often take 2 months to get the credit?
My cycle ends on the 28th, so it's possible some of my spending to meet the requirements came on 4/29, Well before the end of the month, but maybe the rewards require a month after the statement that includes the eligible spending ends? Just guessing here on why only 1 might take longer to be rewarded.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by vaggeto
One other update from April spending.

I had both an online purchases bonus limited to 7.5k pts and a Restaurants/gas/grocery limited to 25k points for 4/1/-4/30.

I met both but at the end of May when I got my bonuses, I only got the online spending. I called to ask and they said it might take another month for the other, assuming I did qualify. If spending is done towards the end of the month, or maybe after a cycle ends, does it often take 2 months to get the credit?
My cycle ends on the 28th, so it's possible some of my spending to meet the requirements came on 4/29, Well before the end of the month, but maybe the rewards require a month after the statement that includes the eligible spending ends? Just guessing here on why only 1 might take longer to be rewarded.
Yeah it’s just more Citi Sears weirdness. Sometimes the promos post in a month for me, sometimes they take the stated two months. It’s never consistent and even varies from month to month and promo to promo.

I even got two months of gas/grocery/dining posted in the same month one time.
libralibra likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 7:41 pm

Just checked my statement and I see a random statement credit for a promo for March posted in May for $5? I don't remember getting any promo offers for something that low. I got 10% on min $800 grocery/gas/dining spend and 20% on min $500 "online" spend. I don't see any other offers getting credited. It is not possible to get only $5 from those offers so I have no idea where the $5 is from??
Old Jun 9, 2021, 7:16 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just checked my statement and I see a random statement credit for a promo for March posted in May for $5? I don't remember getting any promo offers for something that low. I got 10% on min $800 grocery/gas/dining spend and 20% on min $500 "online" spend. I don't see any other offers getting credited. It is not possible to get only $5 from those offers so I have no idea where the $5 is from??
I have stopped tracking all those points and credit. There are various delays and a couple of promotions at the same time. Also more than one cards. If some did not post, it is fine with me. Most of the promotions have been very generous.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 5:12 pm

Anybody charge a hotel on this card? The category shows up as “N/A” for me so I’m not sure if this is gonna count for the travel/entertainment categories.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 7:53 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by RedSun
I have stopped tracking all those points and credit. There are various delays and a couple of promotions at the same time. Also more than one cards. If some did not post, it is fine with me. Most of the promotions have been very generous.
I am with you!!!

I keep getting such amazing offers like "SPend $2k, get 10k bonus points" so I just meet the spend and stop using the card until the next month's promo! I stopped keeping track months ago if the bonuses post...haha....but my TY account has grown a lot!
Old Jun 19, 2021, 4:57 pm

Anybody charge a hotel on this card? The category shows up as “N/A” for me so I’m not sure if this is gonna count for the travel/entertainment categories.
Welp it looks like it did count, as I already got the credit posted for the offer. That was oddly quick. Transaction name says the statement credit is for 6/1 to 8/31 and it matches the amount I paid for travel and entertainment on a recent trip so the “N/A” for hotels does seem to count for travel despite not appearing correctly on the transaction info.

Last edited by yepperoni; Jun 20, 2021 at 3:47 pm
Old Jun 20, 2021, 3:47 am

Got another offer for $750 spend to get 7500 points. This is great for utilities and insurance. May use some of my TY points for hotel gift cards.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 2:37 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I hope we get an insider case study or blog post about this card one day... really amazing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.