Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2020, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
What counted as online purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Amazon purchase or re-load
  • Carters.com (Merchandise-CHILDRENS / INFANTS WEAR STORE)
  • Costco.com
  • Ebay seller fees (direct entry) (MCC: N/A)
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Gift Card Mall
  • Homedepot.com (Merchandise-HOME SUPPLY WAREHOUSE STORES)
  • Iherb.com (Merchandise-MISC FOOD STORE,SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE)
  • Kygunco.com (Merchandise-DURABLE GOODS, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
  • Lockedloaded.com (Merchandise-SPORTING GOODS STORES)
  • MileagePlusX (MCC varies)
  • Pirateship.com (Services-COURIER SERVICE, FREIGHT FORWARDERS)
  • Plastiq (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
  • Scholastic.com (Organizations-MISC SCHOOLS / EDUCATIONAL SERVICES)
  • Usmint.gov (Services-MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES)
  • united.com (Air Travel-UNITED AIRLINES)
What didn't count as online purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Geico.com (Services-INSURANCE-SALES / UNDERWRITING)
  • Paypal (MCC varies)
What counted as utilities purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Cable, Satellite, TV (Restaurants-CABLE,SATELLITE,PAY TV/RADIO SERVICES)
  • Telecom (Restaurants-TELEPHONE SERVICE)
  • Telecom (Services-TELEPHONE SERVICE/EQUIPMENT)
  • Utilities (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
What didn't count as Travel purchase (alphabetical order):
  • VRBO

Credit Line Increases
This is very odd, but according to the Chatbot on the website:
Q. When requesting a credit limit increase, is the credit inquiry a hard or soft credit inquiry?
A. Unfortunately, until we process the request, there isn't a way for us to know if a credit line increase request will be a soft or hard hit on your credit report. For this reason, we have to receive your permission to pull a copy of your credit report before we process the increase request. If you process the request online, you will see a message stating "By submitting this form, you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

To request an increase online:
In order to request an increase, you will need to go to your “Credit Home” page, and find “Available Credit” at the top of the page. Then, click on the link that says “Request Increase” to begin the process.

Print Wikipost

Citi Sears Cards (2014 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2021, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by vaggeto
What are the guidelines around stacking promotions? I always get multiple promotion emails and I never can tell if they do or don't stack, or if activating one will impact another that you've already done spending to earn bonus rewards on.
I always thought all offers could stack. I remember reading that somebody called Citi and asked about it and they said everything stacked. Like you could do online fast food orders or online grocery pickup and it would count for both.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by yepperoni
I always thought all offers could stack. I remember reading that somebody called Citi and asked about it and they said everything stacked. Like you could do online fast food orders or online grocery pickup and it would count for both.
their inperson reps have told me everything stacks for Sears. my observation shows it to be true. but is not easy to determine what the categories might be.

if it was easier or more transparent there wouldn't be the juicy offers.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by akr1970akr
their inperson reps have told me everything stacks for Sears. my observation shows it to be true. but is not easy to determine what the categories might be.

if it was easier or more transparent there wouldn't be the juicy offers.
That is great to hear.

I'm always afraid that activating a different offer will then deactive another offer or reset it. Especially since they continue to send you reminder emails after it has been activated.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 1:23 pm

Just a heads up in case this hasn't been posted: There are some promo's for Sears Citi Thank you Point redemptions on gift cards at 10% off:

Look for an email with the subject of: "Celebrate Spring with 10% fewer ThankYou® Points on select gift cards"

Happy Dining seems to be the most useful one given it works at multiple places, but there's also Stapels, chilis, Ihop, Bath & body works, & top golf. End 3/19 at midnight ET.

Are there any other recommends redemption methods that could be a better value, even if only occasionally available?
Old Mar 10, 2021, 3:43 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....promo's for Sears Citi Thank you Point redemptions....
Thank you, I received this email, and I do not have any Sears card.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Just a heads up in case this hasn't been posted: There are some promo's for Sears Citi Thank you Point redemptions on gift cards at 10% off:

Look for an email with the subject of: "Celebrate Spring with 10% fewer ThankYou® Points on select gift cards"

Happy Dining seems to be the most useful one given it works at multiple places, but there's also Stapels, chilis, Ihop, Bath & body works, & top golf. End 3/19 at midnight ET.

Are there any other recommends redemption methods that could be a better value, even if only occasionally available?
personally i think most of the gc offers are on 'junk' but sometimes we get Target gift cards as those are not awful redemptions.

one basically loses the 5% Redcard discount, or the USB AR ability to pay mobile that way, but most of the other gc are just on crummy overpriced retailers like Build a Bear etc. And many of them are duplicative, note that a lot of the restaurant brands (steakhouses etc) are just variants of that Texan Frittata empire place. So the choices are much less than one would think.

Best Buy is also not awful....but given that electronics should normally be bought with some kind of purchase protection / warranty etc. (and thus with a real credit card) gc may not be the best choice there. If one is buying video games or something then gc are ok....
Old Mar 14, 2021, 7:55 pm

Just got a credit for exactly $90.00 posted to my account for a promo in January. Have no idea what it's for as I'm pretty sure I only had two promos going, "online" and gas/grocery/dining, and neither of them maxed at $90 and I'm fairly certain I spent under $900.00 on both those categories. Very strange.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 9:56 am

I just got $100 statement credit posted for January promo on gas/grocery/dining. "online purchase" which is for Thankyou points has not posted yet.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by akr1970akr
personally i think most of the gc offers are on 'junk' but sometimes we get Target gift cards as those are not awful redemptions.

one basically loses the 5% Redcard discount, or the USB AR ability to pay mobile that way, but most of the other gc are just on crummy overpriced retailers like Build a Bear etc. And many of them are duplicative, note that a lot of the restaurant brands (steakhouses etc) are just variants of that Texan Frittata empire place. So the choices are much less than one would think.

Best Buy is also not awful....but given that electronics should normally be bought with some kind of purchase protection / warranty etc. (and thus with a real credit card) gc may not be the best choice there. If one is buying video games or something then gc are ok....
Are some of those protection cards for things like BestBuy based on using that card for the entire purchase, or any portion of it? I know the insurance cards for travel usually cover as long as any amount is put on the card (assuming you're not using 100% points) to redeem. That might be a good route to get the benefit of both.

For me the Happy Dining card looks decent having Cheescake Factory, Red Lobster, Buffalo Wild Wings, PF Changs, Cracker Barrel, and Mccormick & Schmicks. The are at least a few of those that we would go to like BWW and PF Changs and more rarely Cheesecake factory or Red Lobster, especially pre-pandemic.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 4:45 pm

Does anyone know if the MaxRewards all has the Citi Sears ThankYou card? I can't find it and also can't link my account when I choose "citi" but I can link my Citi Costco account without issue.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 3:38 am

Just got my 10,000 points awarded to my total. And then got another offer for the same 10,000 points but less time to do the spend.

Probably going to have to pass since working on completing spend for another card. And with Chase's offers coming up I'd like to work on those.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 7:43 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Last statement didn't differentiate which points came from which promo, they were just bundled altogether. This make reconciliation a nightmare.
hurnik likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 10:11 pm

February statement credit recently posted for the 10% Gas/Grocery/Dining promo I got on my SYWR card. It seems like they may be rounding amounts up to the next whole dollar for this promo for some reason as I manually added up all my Gas/Grocery/Dining and it matches 10% of my spend but the credit amount end in $x.00 for both January and February.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 9:41 am

Do the promotion dates go by transaction date or posting date?

Last edited by NeYo; Apr 1, 2021 at 9:50 am
Old Apr 1, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Received a new promo today. Same as before, but now limited to 10k per month, instead of 24k. It seems that we are starting to get less points every time. Online promos also went from 7500 to 4500, but with higher multiplier and less spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.