Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Citi ThankYou adds 9W JetPrivilege as transfer partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA: Citi ThankYou adds 9W JetPrivilege as transfer partner

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Smile USA: Citi ThankYou adds 9W JetPrivilege as transfer partner

Heads UP!

Citi Thank You adds another transfer partner; JetPrivilege.

Not familiar with this partner, but the transfer ratio seems to be 1 to 1.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:35 pm
esf

Their award chart is unbelievably overpriced. There is no sweat spot, but plenty of sour spots!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by maverick17
According to Dr of Credit, Jet Airways is now a TYP partner at 1:1.
Nice. Hope they add Avianca next.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:32 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Nice.
Do you find value in Jet Airway's awards? esf isn't enthused...

Originally Posted by esf
Their award chart is unbelievably overpriced.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:06 pm

Just looked at the chart, a bit pricey for my tastes but always nice to see another partner added to ThankYou.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by livencali
Citi Thank You adds another transfer partner; JetPrivilege.
I believe it is in response to the increased (Asian) Indian population in CA, especially N. Cal.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Do you find value in Jet Airway's awards? esf isn't enthused...
At first glance their intra-India flights seem to have reasonable award levels, but considering how cheap flights are it may not be. Regardless, good to see Citi add transfer partners. Wish they would add more useful ones.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:33 pm
esf

Originally Posted by UA Fan
At first glance their intra-India flights seem to have reasonable award levels, but considering how cheap flights are it may not be. Regardless, good to see Citi add transfer partners. Wish they would add more useful ones.
On one hand it's good to see Citi keeps adding transfer partner. On the other hand, it is disappointing that Citi seems to be overly focused on quantity of partners, and pays little attention to quality of partners. That's why Citi has added a lot of almost useless partners to their program.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by esf
On one hand it's good to see Citi keeps adding transfer partner. On the other hand, it is disappointing that Citi seems to be overly focused on quantity of partners, and pays little attention to quality of partners. That's why Citi has added a lot of almost useless partners to their program.
True at least I wish they would add more partners where the miles would not expire with some activity. I think VS is the only one.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:44 am
mia

I think it's good that Citi continues to add transfer partners, even if they are not partners that I would use, because it demonstrates that they recognize that customers value this redemption option. American Express, Chase and Diners Club seem to be resting .
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by mia
I think it's good that Citi continues to add transfer partners, even if they are not partners that I would use, because it demonstrates that they recognize that customers value this redemption option. American Express, Chase and Diners Club seem to be resting .
It would be nice if Citi added Hyatt as a rewards partner. I'm not sure how it works, but it seems like certain banks have certain favorites or "agreements" with hotel programs that are exclusive with their rewards program, i.e: AMEX = Starwood Preferred Guest, Chase = Hyatt, etc., which definitely makes sense because the program gives better deals to their "partner" bank for rewards redemption's (or at least I can imagine that's the case).

I was approved for both a Chase Hyatt and a ThankYou Premier this week so combining each card's points sum into the Hyatt rewards program would be nice. Since I am over 5/24 and haven't gotten around to opening a business checking to potentially get prequals for the business credit cards, I am out of luck with combining cards to maximize Hyatt point quantities.

The only exception to the above theory is Hilton Honors, which has multiple cards across American Express and Citi, along with the ability for AMEX and Citi customers to transfer from their non-Hilton branded points cards to the program.

I'm not sure what to think about card issuers adding "low quality" transfer partners to the list, unless of course they make up for it by multiplying the value of the points earned on the cardholder's side... Also typically in the case of Hilton Honors where 1000 X Points = 1500 HH points. I seem to like Chase's idea of having 1:1 on everything, even if the list of partners is smaller, although I would never use most of them.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:45 am
mia

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
...exception to the above theory is Hilton Honors, which has multiple cards across American Express and Citi,...
Ending soon:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ds-2018-a.html
Old Jun 3, 2017, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
It would be nice if Citi added Hyatt as a rewards partner. I'm not sure how it works, but it seems like certain banks have certain favorites or "agreements" with hotel programs that are exclusive with their rewards program, i.e: AMEX = Starwood Preferred Guest, Chase = Hyatt, etc., which definitely makes sense because the program gives better deals to their "partner" bank for rewards redemption's (or at least I can imagine that's the case).
Forget it. I just read the other day that Hyatt has renewed their contract with Chase for a number of years.

The greatest chance of Citi and hotels would be less-famous hotel programs (analogous to how they're going after less-famous airline programs). What about a way to transfer into Scandic (which currently has no partners outside of Scandinavia), for example?

There are lots of hotel programs not tied up with the big banks, it's just that you have to forget about Hilton, Hyatt, probably Marriott/SPG, and probably IHG, and look to the hotel programs not already affiliated (at the credit card level) with Chase or Amex.

There's also "budget" hotel programs that don't mind affiliating with multiple transferable point programs (Amer MR USA and Diners Club USA), like Best Western and Choice.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:27 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Forget it. I just read the other day that Hyatt has renewed their contract with Chase for a number of years.

The greatest chance of Citi and hotels would be less-famous hotel programs (analogous to how they're going after less-famous airline programs). What about a way to transfer into Scandic (which currently has no partners outside of Scandinavia), for example?

There are lots of hotel programs not tied up with the big banks, it's just that you have to forget about Hilton, Hyatt, probably Marriott/SPG, and probably IHG, and look to the hotel programs not already affiliated (at the credit card level) with Chase or Amex.

There's also "budget" hotel programs that don't mind affiliating with multiple transferable point programs (Amer MR USA and Diners Club USA), like Best Western and Choice.
It was just wishful thinking really. I know Citi won't add Hyatt because they're tied in with Chase pretty tight.

What will truly be interesting is if Hyatt will see some more card competition when the merger between Marriott and SPG happens. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Chase Starwood Preferred Guest Visa Signature card in the future with the ability to transfer UR points 1:1 to SPG/Marriott.

I know the names won't be the same after the merger, nor will Starwood points be as valuable, but I wouldn't think Marriott would devalue the combined program but perhaps improve on what they already have with Marriott seeing as how weak they are compared to Starwood points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.