Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

ThankYou points shown on statement, but not posted online.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 6:27 am
Original Poster

My first statement closed for both premier and prestige cards a week ago. Prestige showed ~70k TYP earned on the statement (bonus plus funding Citigold). Premier showed a couple of bucks worth (100 points earned)

I've merged the two TYP accounts.

When I log into my account I only see the 100 Points earned. Nothing that was earned from prestige. I called citi and the rep offered to open the investigation but then saw a $20k charge from citi online and commented how those types of transactions wouldn't earn points. At that point I said to now bother adjusting and they I'm sure the points will come on their own. So I'm hesitant to ask for a manual adjustment and get my Citigold "purchase" flagged.

I tried to inquire via chat and the rep ultimately referred me to call the number.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thank you.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
When you login thankyou.com can you verify that both card accounts are linked?

• Login to thankyou.com
  • Click: Hi slivrflyr
  • Click: My Citi Accounts
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:46 am
mia

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Thanks mia. Yes. Both accounts show up..
I doubt that this has anything to do with the type of spending which generated the points. (I moved your post into this thread because I might be wrong, and this is where someone else who has used the same card for the same purcpose is most likely to see it.)

If the points are shown on the PDF statement, they should show on thankyou.com . I think you will need to call. I would only say that my statement shows XX,000 points while thankyou.com shows zero. Keep it simple.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
I doubt that this has anything to do with the type of spending which generated the points. (I moved your post into this thread because I might be wrong, and this is where someone else who has used the same card for the same purcpose is most likely to see it.)

If the points are shown on the PDF statement, they should show on thankyou.com . I think you will need to call. I would only say that my statement shows XX,000 points while thankyou.com shows zero. Keep it simple.

I called TYP dept, who then transferred me to card services. Card services said that he doesn't have access to the Prestige account and had to put me on hold while talking to senior rep. He got back on the line and said that the points should post after my Feb statement close. Howe apparently they have between 1 and 2 cycles to post them.

Fine. But no answer why Premier card's 100 TYP posted but Prestige's 70k didn't, despite both closing on the same day. No chance to accelerate the points either, per the rep. I didn't want to escalate this at the moment as I want the citigold "purchase" to fly under the radar of a manual review.

It just sucks though, as I am looking to use the TYP soon to book a flight on SQ rather than wasting Amex MRs, which are more valuable.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 5:16 pm
mia

... the points should post after my Feb statement close. Howe apparently they have between 1 and 2 cycles to post them.
My accounts are olde, and this could be accurate for new accounts, but I do not recall reading any other reports about points showing on the statement not posting promptly. Here is what the terms say:

When You Will Receive Points. Points earned through a purchase with your Card Account will appear in your ThankYou Account at the end of the billing cycle in which you made the purchase. This means that Points earned on purchases made near the end of a billing cycle may take up to one additional billing cycle to appear in your ThankYou Account. (Bonus Points may take one to two additional billing cycles to post to your ThankYou Account).
Old Jan 20, 2016, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
My accounts are olde, and this could be accurate for new accounts, but I do not recall reading any other reports about points showing on the statement not posting promptly. Here is what the terms say:

The one difference I have between Prestige and Premier is that Premier was opened at the end of December, while Prestige, due to Citi having to verify my ID, etc etc wasn't in my hand until a week before the statement close in January. So maybe the cycle was too short for the rewards to be picked up, so to speak. I recall reading about Chase posting bonus URs one statement later if you met the spend too close to the statement closing. this is the only explanation i can think of at this point
Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:08 am
Original Poster

The one difference I have between Prestige and Premier is that Premier was opened at the end of December, while Prestige, due to Citi having to verify my ID, etc etc wasn't in my hand until a week before the statement close in January. So maybe the cycle was too short for the rewards to be picked up, so to speak. I recall reading about Chase posting bonus URs one statement later if you met the spend too close to the statement closing. this is the only explanation i can think of at this point

Good news: as of this morning all the TYP are now available. Thanks everyone.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 7:58 am
mia

This is classic mass market customer service. The agent cites a real policy provision which is not relevant to your circumstance, to explain a problem that has no readily apparent cause. In my experience points shown on a statement have already posted, and if they are not shown online it's not a policy issue. Most likely they sweep points from card account to ThankYou once per 24 hours, and yours simply missed the cutoff.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
This is classic mass market customer service. The agent cites a real policy provision which is not relevant to your circumstance, to explain a problem that has no readily apparent cause. In my experience points shown on a statement have already posted, and if they are not shown online it's not a policy issue. Most likely they sweep points from card account to ThankYou once per 24 hours, and yours simply missed the cutoff.

Citi customer service is yet to get up to the ranks of Chase and let alone Amex. With Amex even offshore chat support is able to accelerate the points being posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.