Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:18 pm

Received my 4th business card today, and confirmed through SM 50k miles after $2k spend. Used link in Wiki with "first time cardholder" wording. Submitted application less than 5 minutes after receiving SM that previous card/account was closed.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by bleech2
Received my 4th business card today, and confirmed through SM 50k miles after $2k spend. Used link in Wiki with "first time cardholder" wording.
What does that mean...link 5 or link 8? And if link 8, which of the two application forms, the one in the landing page or the older one saved in the wiki?

Incidentally, we don't know of any business card offer that gives 50K miles after $2K spend. So overall a very mysterious post.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:13 pm

It was link #5, which had $2k spend at the time I applied last week.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:20 am

This is my first post. I have read the entire thread and also read the thread on HHornor, but still confused. I closed my AA Platinum Visa 17 months ago, should I wait one more month to apply or can I apply now for the AA Pl master card and get bonus?
On wiki #3, Note 1)seems to apply to any previous select card, but Note 2) only apply to master card. anyone can help explain to me please. Thanks!
Old Feb 20, 2015, 5:59 am

Good to know. Confirms my suspicion that people here who are parsing the language of landing pages are wasting their time. Nothing has changed.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Good to know. Confirms my suspicion that people here who are parsing the language of landing pages are wasting their time. Nothing has changed.
That may be true (and I suspect it is), but the proof will come if/when bleech2 receives the bonus.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by carofly
Is everybody getting the terms of the promotion in the letter that comes with the card? It used to be that Citi never did this, but I remember reading that now they do. I ask because I just received my card and no terms were included in the letter, so I called to ask and the agent said that no promotion was tied to my account. I insisted it was 50K after $2000, but she just couldn't see it. I used the third link, BTW.
Update:
As I never heard back from Citi in writing, I sent a SM yesterday. I just got the reply and it's absurd. They just say incentives are applied to new accounts and therefore my old account would not qualify.I don't think the agent read my message carefully. There is no mention of the 18 months since applying or closing.

Last edited by carofly; Feb 20, 2015 at 1:11 pm
Old Feb 20, 2015, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by sw666sw
This is my first post. I have read the entire thread and also read the thread on HHornor, but still confused. I closed my AA Platinum Visa 17 months ago, should I wait one more month to apply or can I apply now for the AA Pl master card and get bonus?
On wiki #3, Note 1)seems to apply to any previous select card, but Note 2) only apply to master card. anyone can help explain to me please. Thanks!
I applied today using link #3 w/$2000 spending and got instant approval. Will report back for spending term and bonus.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I logged in to my account today to make sure that a GC purchase did not code as a CA (it did not). I noticed that they have upgraded my platinum card to world elite! They are sending me a new card. Clearly they recognize me as a quality customer who deserves only the best.

They are also sending me a new AA Gold card, for reasons that I'm not quite sure of. Maybe this one will have my AAdvantage number on it.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:10 pm

When you get the card, I hope you will call in (or SM) and confirm the bonus, and let us know.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:56 am

I don't have any Citi cards and never have so for a first timer 2 in 8 day application process can you apply for the same card twice our better to Apply for platinum and executive
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by sw666sw
Welcome to FT!

A previous Visa would not cause a problem with the new MC apps with the 18-month language. Congrats on getting your card!

Ike
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Tazzaras
I don't have any Citi cards and never have so for a first timer 2 in 8 day application process can you apply for the same card twice our better to Apply for platinum and executive
Punctuation please, otherwise it's hard to read your sentences.

I think the Wiki has your answer.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
OK, a downgrade should not count as closed. The account is still open, just at a different level. It's Citi, so of course it's YMMV, but knowing that my best guess is you can get another bonus now.
I'm happy to report that today I did apply using link #3 (the 2K spend version) and was approved after moving some credit lines around. Excellent!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
When you get the card, I hope you will call in (or SM) and confirm the bonus, and let us know.
I mentioned that this already happened in my original post, but I can see now it was worded poorly. I'll followup when the bonus actually posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.