Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anyone still have the Citi Professional card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

I had this card in my drawer with TY points were worthless..and just found out my card has no annual fee with 3 TY points for all restaurants, gas stations, office supply stores, and auto rental. This seems incredible and much better than the rest of the cards that Citi has!
Old May 27, 2015, 6:12 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Previous discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...onal-card.html

I did have this card, but do not remember whether I converted it to something better (Citi Forward) or if Citi closed it when I applied for a different card.
Old May 27, 2015, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the link..
I feel its now a great card to have..if one has it.

The points given out are better than Premier or any other citi product!
Old May 28, 2015, 8:11 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Originally Posted by skyfox2
The points given out are better than Premier or any other citi product!
Except for this one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...ies-music.html
Old May 28, 2015, 6:48 pm
HCA

I closed this account over 1 yrs and CSR could not re-open the account for me
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by mia
If Citi is still paying out the same rewards for this (apparently) long extinct card, it might be a good sign for us Forward holders that 5x will continue longer than most would expect. No guarantees, of course.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:56 pm

I still have my Citi Professional card open. I don't use it though other than enough to keep Citi from cancelling it. My Forward gets 5 TYP at restaurants and my Sallie Mae/Penfed provide 5% for gas. Ink provides 5% at Office Supply stores. Am I missing anything by not using Citi Professional?
Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:44 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Yes, there are better cards:
Office supplies: Chase Ink (5x)
Gas: Amex PRG, Citi Premier (3x), Amex OBC, Penfed Cash Rewards (5%)
Restaurants: Citi Forward (5x)
Car rentals: Citi Premier (3x), US Bank Cash+ (5%)
Old Jun 6, 2015, 3:34 pm

I still have the cash version of this card.... I tried to use it to boost my limit on one of my other Citi cards, but they said since it's a business card, they couldn't do that... Anyways, it's sitting in my drawer with lots of other long forgotten cards. I get a laugh out of this card because at many restaurants and gas stations, it asks for a "Customer Code" and always throws off the server or cashier. One guy actually entered my credit card number there before I noticed!
Old Sep 8, 2015, 7:44 pm

I have this ancient card, as well. However, I have no other citi cards. I'm wondering if this will let you transfer between accounts if I open up a Premier or Prestige card. I usually just use this card for restaurants, but it pays in TYP that I don't really have many options to use (other than a statement credit). That just seems like a waste, so I wind up using other cards.

Is there a better way to use this card?
Old Nov 20, 2015, 2:41 pm

I just realize I still have this card as well (haven't used in a while). I'm hoping to open either the Citi Prestige or Premier card in order to transfer points to travel partners. I also still have the Citi Forward from way back when so hoping to start diversifying my points a bit (currently only accumulate UR points via Sapphire Pref, Freedom and Ink).
Old Jul 14, 2020, 12:03 am

Does this card still earn 3 TY points for all restaurants, gas stations, office supply stores, and auto rental? I still have it but can't seem to track down what the current earnings are.

Thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2020, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by md80only
Does this card still earn 3 TY points for all restaurants, gas stations, office supply stores, and auto rental? I still have it but can't seem to track down what the current earnings are.

Thanks!
Yes I think so. I was just on the phone today for HOURS trying to find out how many points I get for the bonus categories - I was told there weren't any and then I was told 2 - I finally got someone on the line that agreed it was 3 (2 EXTRA above the 1), but they said auto - I said auto rental right? they said no - auto parts?!? I was googling now to find more info on this but have come across these posts before I found anything useful. I have the thank you version of the card, which is a hassle to have to redeem gift cards - but it's still the card that gives me most on gas I guess... and possibly the most on whatever the auto category is????
Old Oct 26, 2020, 3:04 pm
mia

Originally Posted by GEWilliams
....the card that gives me most on gas I guess...
Welcome to Flyertalk. To answer this the question we would need to know the other cards that you hold.

For reference, these were the original bonus categories: you will earn three ThankYou Points for every dollar you spend on purchases at restaurants, gas stations, certain office supply merchants, and on auto rentals.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Still have this card and for some reason it falls under Citi business cards. Every year I speak to retention for my Premier and then get transferred to business side for offers on this card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.