Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check Reimbursement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Prestige Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check Reimbursement

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 12:45 pm

If I have 2 cards with different card numbers, can I use it for 2 different GE applications (myself and spouse)?
Old May 19, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Does this work for NEXUS too?
Old May 20, 2015, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Data point: used my Citi to pay for son's TSA last Tuesday. Credit appeared yesterday (6 days).
Data point: used my Citi AAdvantage Exec (from last year's 100k bonus) to pay for my husband's Global Entry on 4/24/2015. Credit has not appeared yet, and when I inquired, they said it would take 1-2 billing cycles. My statement closes on 5/22.
Old May 22, 2015, 1:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Since this topic is more related to the respective credit card forum than EM&PR, I'll move to the Citi|TY Rewards forum.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR forum
Old May 22, 2015, 4:42 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Since this topic is more related to the respective credit card forum than EM&PR, I'll move to the Citi|TY Rewards forum.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR forum
Merged into established thread.
Old May 23, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by N1120A
Does this work for NEXUS too?

I have the same question too.
Old May 27, 2015, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by optostar
Data point: used my Citi AAdvantage Exec (from last year's 100k bonus) to pay for my husband's Global Entry on 4/24/2015. Credit has not appeared yet, and when I inquired, they said it would take 1-2 billing cycles. My statement closes on 5/22.
Curious whether your credit has appeared yet? I paid my GE fee on 5/17, no credit yet. I was planning to cancel (or downgrade) my card after the next billing cycle, so I'm hoping the credit doesn't take forever to appear.
Old May 27, 2015, 5:16 pm

I had paid my daughter's GE with Prestige and got the statement credit posted in the next statement.
Old May 28, 2015, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by jimindc
Curious whether your credit has appeared yet? I paid my GE fee on 5/17, no credit yet. I was planning to cancel (or downgrade) my card after the next billing cycle, so I'm hoping the credit doesn't take forever to appear.

It posted exactly on 5/22, the day my statement ended.

I then went to an AA lounge, using the card for what I expected to be my last time, and called Citi from within the lounge to cancel the card.

...and ended up keeping the card!

These are the retention offers they gave me:

1. Statement credit of $100
5000 AA miles
$1500/month for 3 months

2. $50 statement credit for next 7 billing cycles
$1500/month for 7 months
begins 1 business day from date of acceptance of offer

I ended up keeping the card with #2, so I'll get $350 in statement credits, and by spending $1500/month x 7 months, that'll be an easy 10,500 miles too! I plan to just do it on Simon Mall GCs every month to keep it easy to keep track of.
Old May 28, 2015, 1:07 pm

I don't think the credit works for NEXUS, I got an email about the benefit and it only said Global Entry or TSA Pre Check.

I personally just finished my interview for NEXUS yesterday and started using it immediately to re-enter the US with Global Entry. It was pretty awesome since the line for customs was at least 200 people deep.

(After you do your interview for NEXUS, you can use Global Entry immediately, but you can't use NEXUS until your card arrives in the mail 7-10 days later.)
Old May 31, 2015, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by optostar
It posted exactly on 5/22, the day my statement ended.
Thanks for the reply! Interesting retention offers - glad it worked out for you.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:00 am

Any new experiences?

Just got the card this month, and I have global entry from two years ago (AMEX Plat). No one to gift the credit to...any ideas what to do? Possible to reset the 5 years somehow by paying in advance (highly doubt it).

Chances are I'll be canceling this card in a year before the second fee comes due.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: Amex,Citi
I doubt Citi cares if you use the credit to pay for somebody else, that's why it's only usable once every 5 years.

In my case I'd paid using a different card, a month before I applied for Prestige.

Originally Posted by Jesperss
Just got the card this month, and I have global entry from two years ago (AMEX Plat). No one to gift the credit to...any ideas what to do?
Corner a co-worker who travels a lot and said "Hey, how would you like a significant discount off the GE app fee?"

If you use a virtual account number with a $100 limit, doesn't even need to be somebody you really trust.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CC, Hyatt & IHG
Originally Posted by ChicagoKev
I doubt Citi cares if you use the credit to pay for somebody else, that's why it's only usable once every 5 years.

In my case I'd paid using a different card, a month before I applied for Prestige.

Corner a co-worker who travels a lot and said "Hey, how would you like a significant discount off the GE app fee?"

If you use a virtual account number with a $100 limit, doesn't even need to be somebody you really trust.
Well, you have to trust the person to charge it for GE not something else.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Just another data point: I paid the $100 Global Entry fee on 8/16 and $100 statement credit posted to my account on 8/20.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.