FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1636854-anybody-used-citi-prestige-4th-night-free-hotel-benefit-dec-2014-jul-22-2017-a.html)

jsk1973 Feb 13, 2016 4:50 pm

The Prestige promo is strictly 4th night free. If you book a deal that already gives 4th night free (rather than 25 percent off), you'll get $0 from the Prestige. If you book a 3rd night or 6th night deal, you might be able to stack the two and you might not. It depends on how the promo is booked by the hotel in question.

eip Feb 13, 2016 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973 (Post 26180716)
The Prestige promo is strictly 4th night free. If you book a deal that already gives 4th night free (rather than 25 percent off), you'll get $0 from the Prestige. If you book a 3rd night or 6th night deal, you might be able to stack the two and you might not. It depends on how the promo is booked by the hotel in question.

Thanks. The rate I'm looking at said "Includes 6th night free (deducted at check-out)". Any guess if that would qualify for the 4th night benefit?

jsk1973 Feb 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Looks like it should, but it will probably depend on whether the Prestige concierge can book it.

Jimgotkp Feb 15, 2016 3:57 pm

Noticed I received a credit already for a refundable reservation I booked a few months ago even though the stay is in August? Quite odd to get the credit this far out..

Duke787 Feb 15, 2016 4:15 pm

Just had a very pleasant first encounter with the new concierge. Was able to cancel a reservation I made at the GH Bali under the old concierge and replace it with a reservation at the IC Bali for the same dates. No problem getting the rate listed on the website and attaching my IHG number.

Received the confirmation email within 2 hours (despite them only promising it within 24 hours).

The whole thing including a brief hold at the start due to "high call volume" was only 25 minutes.

DaveInLA Feb 15, 2016 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp (Post 26190292)
Noticed I received a credit already for a refundable reservation I booked a few months ago even though the stay is in August? Quite odd to get the credit this far out..

When did you make the booking?

I'm still waiting for my credit for a completed stay in late January.

Jimgotkp Feb 15, 2016 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 26190461)
When did you make the booking?

I'm still waiting for my credit for a completed stay in late January.

Almost three months ago.

eip Feb 15, 2016 6:35 pm

First experience calling into the concierge was a near disaster...

I called the number listed on this wiki, 8min wait time....good start. The "concierge" was not able to find my info so transferred me to customer service and since I am no longer calling from my own phone getting through the automated system was not as easy and it eventually went into an infinite loop so I hung up.

The concierge called me back (that was a good surprise) but then we still have to get through to customer service. He had told me to say "representative" multiple times to force the system to route me to a customer support quickly. On hold for about 5 mins, got a person on the phone, took all my info and then said my account is being handled by their senior rep team...transferred and waited another 5+ mins.

Finally got a rep on the phone and the citi rep and the concierge, who has been on the call the whole time, had a semi-debate about the process. Another 5 mins lost. Eventually the citi rep asked the concierge to hang up.

The citi rep then called concierge #...the rep checked back every ~2mins or so to tell me we are still waiting. She did offer to call me back but I decided to wait with her. At about 16mins in, she offered me 5k Thank You points for my patiences (Thanks!), finally got a concierge at about 18mins in.

The concierge sounded like she was talking to me from underwater via a satellite -- muffled and delayed. The concierge took all my info but said they will be in touch within 24hrs. I have read they can make the booking directly so what happened there?!

All told, I spent about 1 hr to still not have confirmed reservations. The only plus was 5k Thank you points. If it wasn't for the potential finacial savings, this would go down as one of the most painful miles/points/travel experience.

arecknor Feb 16, 2016 7:02 am

Here's the scenario that I'm looking at. Please let me know if this would work:

1st night: 10,000 SPG points + $180 USD
2nd night: 10,000 SPG points + $180 USD
3rd night: $380 USD
4th night: Free

Basically my question is can I use cash + points nights and the citi prestige 4th night free offer?

Thanks!

FindAWay Feb 16, 2016 8:09 am

Originally Posted by arecknor (Post 26192941)
Here's the scenario that I'm looking at. Please let me know if this would work:

1st night: 10,000 SPG points + $180 USD
2nd night: 10,000 SPG points + $180 USD
3rd night: $380 USD
4th night: Free

Basically my question is can I use cash + points nights and the citi prestige 4th night free offer?

Thanks!

Would it be booked as a single reservation? If not, I'm pretty sure your answer is "No."

If it would be booked as a single reservation (I don't think you can in your case), could the Concierge book it (i.e., would they have access to your account in order to book a reservation with your points for part of the payment)? If not, I'm pretty sure your answer is "No."

Troopers Feb 16, 2016 8:37 am

Originally Posted by FindAWay (Post 26193253)
Would it be booked as a single reservation? If not, I'm pretty sure your answer is "No."

If it would be booked as a single reservation (I don't think you can in your case), could the Concierge book it (i.e., would they have access to your account in order to book a reservation with your points for part of the payment)? If not, I'm pretty sure your answer is "No."

+1

Generally, if you can't book a reservation via hotels.com, expedia.com or similar, you won't be able to book via Citi Prestige to get the fourth night free.

jychen Feb 16, 2016 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Troopers (Post 26193414)
+1

Generally, if you can't book a reservation via hotels.com, expedia.com or similar, you won't be able to book via Citi Prestige to get the fourth night free.

Citi concierge can book hotels directly from hotel website. However, I don't believe they can book it with a member-only rate which requires log-in.

Also, I thought you can't do points & cash for some nights and pure cash for other nights in one single stay.

I have another question. If I want to stay 8 nights in one hotel, can I book one stay for four nights and call back one or two days later to book another stay for the rest four nights? Can I get the 4th night and 8th nigh for free?

zzrayzz Feb 16, 2016 9:34 am

Originally Posted by eip (Post 26181000)
Thanks. The rate I'm looking at said "Includes 6th night free (deducted at check-out)". Any guess if that would qualify for the 4th night benefit?

Should not be a problem since I was able to book a 5th nt free rate, and will also be getting the citi prestige 4th nt free. I mean, Prestige MUST have to be able to find your 6th nt free rate on their end.

Troopers Feb 16, 2016 11:04 am

Originally Posted by jychen (Post 26193697)
Citi concierge can book hotels directly from hotel website. However, I don't believe they can book it with a member-only rate which requires log-in.

Correct.

I have another question. If I want to stay 8 nights in one hotel, can I book one stay for four nights and call back one or two days later to book another stay for the rest four nights? Can I get the 4th night and 8th nigh for free?
No, explicitly against the T&C.

jychen Feb 16, 2016 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Troopers (Post 26194149)
Correct.

No, explicitly against the T&C.

Then can I book 4 nights via Concierge and pay for 5th night and book the 6th-9th nights via Concierge again (say call back to book it one day later)? Will I get 4th and 9th night for free?