FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1636854-anybody-used-citi-prestige-4th-night-free-hotel-benefit-dec-2014-jul-22-2017-a.html)

op487062 Jul 20, 2017 2:23 am

If a 4th night free is booked through Prestige--but the hotel offers their own fourth night free--will Citi then take the updated sum (three nights) and credit one fourth (excluding taxes)? Or will they credit $0 for the fourth night?

MD/DC Flyer Jul 20, 2017 5:19 am

Originally Posted by op487062 (Post 28582918)
If a 4th night free is booked through Prestige--but the hotel offers their own fourth night free--will Citi then take the updated sum (three nights) and credit one fourth (excluding taxes)? Or will they credit $0 for the fourth night?

You cannot book it now, you'll have to wait till next week where they will take return 25% of the total sum without of taxes.

I've tried to book such a deal and the concierge advised me to wait till next week.

travlngeng Jul 20, 2017 6:01 am

I'm frustrated. I went through the Citi Concierge to book a 4 night stay in Glacier National Park. I have the confirmation that this stay would qualify. I paid for the deposit with my Prestige card. Checked in with my Prestige card. Paid for the rest of my stay when I checked out with my Prestige card. And Citi is now trying to tell me that I didn't use my card for my stay.

I argued that I see the charge on my screen on my most recent statement, and they kept saying I didn't use my Prestige card. And it boggles my mind that somehow, me seeing the exact charge for the exact hotel on my account means I didn't use my card for the stay. I'm working on getting a receipt from the hotel (they only gave me paper when I checked out and I don't keep those long...lesson learned), and I finally got a rep that escalated the issue rather than tell me "too bad".

Is it normally this terrible to actually use this benefit, or do most people have straightforward interactions with it?

Biggie Fries Jul 20, 2017 9:25 am

YMMV. I've had one similar to yours (hotel told Citi I didn't stay there!), but more often smooth sailing. Posted on this somewhere above. Not to add to your miseries, but I did learn early on to hold onto the paper receipt until I got the money credited back; I've twice now had to send them the receipt to get paid.

travlngeng Jul 20, 2017 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries (Post 28583984)
YMMV. I've had one similar to yours (hotel told Citi I didn't stay there!), but more often smooth sailing. Posted on this somewhere above. Not to add to your miseries, but I did learn early on to hold onto the paper receipt until I got the money credited back; I've twice now had to send them the receipt to get paid.

Thanks. I was able to get a hold of the hotel and they were able to send me an email copy...which is actually pretty amazing since I can attest to how terrible their internet service was. Hopefully Citi takes the receipt and provides the credit.

Ratamacue Jul 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by travlngeng (Post 28584649)
Thanks. I was able to get a hold of the hotel and they were able to send me an email copy...which is actually pretty amazing since I can attest to how terrible their internet service was. Hopefully Citi takes the receipt and provides the credit.

Taking pictures of receipts in a smartphone app like Google Keep is a possible solution. You can print later if necessary. Hanging onto paper receipts can be... inconvenient.

mia Aug 9, 2017 11:07 am

Moderator action

Discussion continues here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...ly-2017-a.html