Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does Citi still have Prestige 60K offer in bank branches?

Does Citi still have Prestige 60K offer in bank branches?

Old Jan 20, 15, 7:41 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: ORD
Programs: AA PLT
Posts: 2,754
Originally Posted by AJollyLife View Post
Is this still available? I'm looking to close my Citi AA Executive card and get this
Yes.
linglingfool is offline  
Old Jan 26, 15, 7:54 pm
  #17  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,460
Do you have to be CitiGold to go into the branch and apply for the special 60k promo?
TMM1982 is offline  
Old Jan 26, 15, 7:56 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 333
Originally Posted by TMM1982 View Post
Do you have to be CitiGold to go into the branch and apply for the special 60k promo?
I wasn't, and I got it. Just needed a banker to fax in the application for me.
GrnLantern is offline  
Old Jan 26, 15, 7:57 pm
  #19  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,460
Originally Posted by GrnLantern View Post
I wasn't, and I got it. Just needed a banker to fax in the application for me.
Did they charge only $350 AF or the full $450?
TMM1982 is offline  
Old Jan 26, 15, 7:59 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 333
Originally Posted by TMM1982 View Post
Did they charge only $350 AF or the full $450?
My AF was $350. Also, because the T&C I was provided said $350, so presumably the CARD Act helped here.

I suspect it'll go up to $450 next year with sufficient warning if I'm not CitiGold by then (under the CARD Act).
GrnLantern is offline  
Old Jan 26, 15, 8:02 pm
  #21  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,460
Originally Posted by GrnLantern View Post
My AF was $350. Also, because the T&C I was provided said $350, so presumably the CARD Act helped here.

I suspect it'll go up to $450 next year with sufficient warning if I'm not CitiGold by then (under the CARD Act).
Annual $250 Airfare
Free 4th night at hotel
60k points
All for a measly $350? That's a damn steal. Will go in tomorrow and try to get it.
TMM1982 is offline  
Old Jan 26, 15, 9:02 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: ORD
Programs: AA PLT
Posts: 2,754
My docs also said $350. I was Citigold at one point, but not sure if that matters or not.
linglingfool is offline  
Old Jan 26, 15, 9:59 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 333
Originally Posted by TMM1982 View Post
Annual $250 Airfare
Free 4th night at hotel
60k points
All for a measly $350? That's a damn steal. Will go in tomorrow and try to get it.
Yeah, I dig it.
GrnLantern is offline  
Old Jan 28, 15, 11:34 pm
  #24  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,460
Went into the branch today, chatted with a nice lady. She said the 60k was only for CitiGold clients.
TMM1982 is offline  
Old Jan 28, 15, 11:58 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 333
Originally Posted by TMM1982 View Post
Went into the branch today, chatted with a nice lady. She said the 60k was only for CitiGold clients.
Try a different branch. Aim for a banker who doesn't know that it's only for CitiGold clients. They'll then print out the form for you to fill out, and for them to fax in with your ID. As part of the form, it'll include the T&C that they must provide by law, and in it the annual fee is listed at $350.

HUCA, but in person.
GrnLantern is offline  
Old Jan 29, 15, 12:49 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 526
Originally Posted by GrnLantern View Post
Try a different branch. Aim for a banker who doesn't know that it's only for CitiGold clients. They'll then print out the form for you to fill out, and for them to fax in with your ID. As part of the form, it'll include the T&C that they must provide by law, and in it the annual fee is listed at $350.

HUCA, but in person.
You could also just do the 40k TYP Citi Gold checking promotion, the $400 offer or the 30k AA mile offer.
Doctor of Credit is offline  
Old Jan 29, 15, 1:49 am
  #27  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,460
Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit View Post
the $400 offer
If you drop 50 large
TMM1982 is offline  
Old Jan 29, 15, 7:13 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Francisco
Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Posts: 518
Originally Posted by TMM1982 View Post
If you drop 50 large
For 15 days. $400 on $50k in 15 days is almost 20% annualized.
taliesin is offline  
Old Jan 29, 15, 11:10 pm
  #29  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,460
Originally Posted by taliesin View Post
For 15 days. $400 on $50k in 15 days is almost 20% annualized.
Good deal. I was just saying not everyone has 50k of available, immediately transferrable cash laying around
TMM1982 is offline  
Old Jan 30, 15, 8:51 am
  #30  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: DFW
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Posts: 1,107
I was told that the $400/$50K thing, for fifteen days, was TX only. Maybe they rolled it out to a few other states?

I asked because it wasn't advertised, which I thought was really weird. Anyway, I did it since it was better than the advertised triple interest offer (capped at $400) for 90 days.

Citi seems to have these promotions fairly frequently, though it's annoying to keep having to drop more money in.
FallenPlat is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread