Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Prestigious Citi Card Tricks [Citi Prestige Card benefits]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yoyo
Term and Conditions

$200 airline fee reimbursement (must register) only for primary card holder and for misc charges from AirTran Airways, American Airlines, Delta, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Spirit Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United/Continental Airlines and US Airways. Notice only charges <=$100 will get refunded. Confirmed items below:

a. food bought on-board (American)
b. delta/southwest e-gifts
c. AA gift cards.
Print Wikipost

Prestigious Citi Card Tricks [Citi Prestige Card benefits]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Thx. This card is looking better and better. I guess it doesn't give the bloggers a commission so we don't hear about it. Has there ever been a better bonus for it than the one they have now, i.e. 30k after 2k?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:09 am

I'm permanent Platinum on AA, so we already get access to Oneworld lounges while traveling internationally. So, the more restricted AC access on the Prestige card (compared to the WEMC) seems to be less of a factor. Am I reading this correctly?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:32 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Umbrella
... more restricted AC access on the Prestige card (compared to the WEMC) seems to be less of a factor.
Prestige is also a World Elite MasterCard. Prestige only provides Admirals Club access when flying on AA. The Executive card provides an Admiral Club membership which offers access without regard to which airline you fly, reciprocal access to US clubs etc. There is a fine interactive table here:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...sLocations.jsp
Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:57 am

Does anyone have any recent experience getting a better than 30K bonus by applying in branch?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, AA Plat Pro, DL Gold, UA*S, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I'm permanent Platinum on AA, so we already get access to Oneworld lounges while traveling internationally. So, the more restricted AC access on the Prestige card (compared to the WEMC) seems to be less of a factor. Am I reading this correctly?
If you're not also an AC member, Prestige gets you AC access during domestic travel on AA.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:55 am

Does anyone have any recent experience getting a better than 30K bonus by applying in branch?
Offer was 30K in the branch when I applied last week. But lower annual fee as others have probably already mentioned.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Jetsfan
Offer was 30K in the branch when I applied last week. But lower annual fee as others have probably already mentioned.
I haven't seen any reference to a lower annual fee in-branch. Please elaborate.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:20 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec, AA Platinum, Delta Elite, Starwood Gold
Prestige details

Hi-- wanted to get some clarity as I have been evaluating this for a few weeks since the AA change and agree with a lot of the positive feedback on the forum. However, have gotten several conflicting reports between this, drcreditcard and fat wallet:

1) are the relationship (aka spending) and citigold bonuses multiplied off base spending, or off of base + flight + dining bonus? Can be a big difference. As you may guess, four calls to Citi have given me nothing.

2) if I buy tickets for other people, do those flight miles count in my flight mile balance? 90 percent of my travel is on my work card and this will be personal, where I travel less often but do buy tickets for my family of 5. So, for any purchase for my family, do I get flight miles just on my ticket or on family members' tickets too? For that matter, if I bought a ticket for my wife or son and I am not even in the itinerary, do I get those flight miles?

TIA
Old Apr 19, 2014, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by erlftex
2) if I buy tickets for other people, do those flight miles count in my flight mile balance? 90 percent of my travel is on my work card and this will be personal, where I travel less often but do buy tickets for my family of 5. So, for any purchase for my family, do I get flight miles just on my ticket or on family members' tickets too? For that matter, if I bought a ticket for my wife or son and I am not even in the itinerary, do I get those flight miles?
Yes. I've received flight miles for flights purchased for family members.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:33 am

Hi-- wanted to get some clarity as I have been evaluating this for a few weeks since the AA change and agree with a lot of the positive feedback on the forum. However, have gotten several conflicting reports between this, drcreditcard and fat wallet:

1) are the relationship (aka spending) and citigold bonuses multiplied off base spending, or off of base + flight + dining bonus? Can be a big difference. As you may guess, four calls to Citi have given me nothing.

TIA
These answers are found in the terms and conditions online.

The annual relationship bonus is calculated from base points only. The relationship bonus is NOT calculated with consideration to dining or flight points.

1) Note the Relationship Bonus calculation does not include any other points, such as promotional bonus points, you may have earned during that membership year. It may take 1-3 billing statements for the Relationship Bonus to post to your Card Account at the end of each membership year.

There is no requirement that you fly on the tickets purchased to gain Flight Points.

2) In addition, you will earn one ThankYou Flight Point ("ThankYou Flight Points") for every mile flown when airline tickets are purchased using your Card Account. ThankYou Flight Points are earned for miles flown based on the city of origin and the city of destination provided to us when an airline ticket is purchased. We will determine how many ThankYou Flight Points will appear on your billing statement based upon airline travel distance information published by OAG Worldwide, Inc., our source of independent flight schedule information, unless we tell you otherwise. ThankYou Flight Points will post to your Card Account approximately six to eight weeks following the initial departure date of travel referenced on your airline ticket transaction.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec, AA Platinum, Delta Elite, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Enclave
These answers are found in the terms and conditions online.

The annual relationship bonus is calculated from base points only. The relationship bonus is NOT calculated with consideration to dining or flight points.

1) Note the Relationship Bonus calculation does not include any other points, such as promotional bonus points, you may have earned during that membership year. It may take 1-3 billing statements for the Relationship Bonus to post to your Card Account at the end of each membership year.

There is no requirement that you fly on the tickets purchased to gain Flight Points.

2) In addition, you will earn one ThankYou Flight Point ("ThankYou Flight Points") for every mile flown when airline tickets are purchased using your Card Account. ThankYou Flight Points are earned for miles flown based on the city of origin and the city of destination provided to us when an airline ticket is purchased. We will determine how many ThankYou Flight Points will appear on your billing statement based upon airline travel distance information published by OAG Worldwide, Inc., our source of independent flight schedule information, unless we tell you otherwise. ThankYou Flight Points will post to your Card Account approximately six to eight weeks following the initial departure date of travel referenced on your airline ticket transaction.
Thank you enclave. For 1, I read this but drcreditcard does his math including them which I think is wrong (see earlier references to it in his forum). Similarly, for 2 I have read about problems with this credit elsewhere so didn't know whether people had similar issues. Thanks for the response.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:57 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Thank you enclave. For 1, I read this but drcreditcard does his math including them which I think is wrong (see earlier references to it in his forum). Similarly, for 2 I have read about problems with this credit elsewhere so didn't know whether people had similar issues. Thanks for the response.
For flight points for multiple tickets to automatically post, the airline has to charge each ticket separately. If all tickets post as only one charge, you will only automatically get flight points for one ticket, and you will have to write in and request that they manually post the other flight points. (As an example, AA always does separate charges, but WN usually only does one charge.)
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: cnb reward for travel/gas/restaurant/grocery
I haven't seen any reference to a lower annual fee in-branch. Please elaborate.
I got prestige card about 1 and half month ago in branch. Their offer is 30k points when you spend 3k in 3 months and another 30k when you spend 15k in a year. AF is 350(looks like it's less than apply online) for primary and 50 for AU. you can try this in branch maybe you still get it.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by thomasmessi
I got prestige card about 1 and half month ago in branch. Their offer is 30k points when you spend 3k in 3 months and another 30k when you spend 15k in a year. AF is 350(looks like it's less than apply online) for primary and 50 for AU. you can try this in branch maybe you still get it.
In order to share accurate information, please specify if the annual fee you were offered is the current published $450 fee or an annual fee reduced through your Citigold or Citi Private Bank status.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:22 pm

Programs: IHG-PA,HH-G,SPG-G,Kimpton-IC,A3*G,Marriott-S
Does the ticket booked through travel agency (billed by travel agency, not directly by the airline) earn mew flight points?

Also I thought it might be helpful to mention, that the ticket is not for me, but one of my relatives.

I would happy if the flight points got automatically posted.
I'm also expecting that if it does not post, it would be difficult to mail citi about this to get "courtesy points". Anyway I'm giving it a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.