Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: Changes to Citi ThankYou and Premier cards 10.20.2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed: Changes to Citi ThankYou and Premier cards 10.20.2013

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2013, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
Originally Posted by mikey1688
Has anyone had any luck with costumer service reps about the loss of benefits or are they clueless? Any additional compensation for the changes or a discounted upgrade to the Prestige card?
refer to my post above..CSR seemed clueless..no discount offered to upgrade to prestige
Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:17 pm

TYPs is a complicated program with limited transfer partners. Citi has now reduced both the earnings rate and the usage value, and they recently imposed brutal confiscations of points without explanation, including at least one case with no apparent abuse.

I have better ways to fill my time than playing this game of limited value.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:07 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
so anyone have any idea id any of these changes are going to trickle down to the prestige cards? Maybe not, since it seems like the point of these changes was to get people to pay for the higher AF prestige card...
Old Jul 23, 2013, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
TYPs is a complicated program with limited transfer partners.
Indeed. Wish the expiration policy was simplified like with it's competitors.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 4:45 pm

Must be true:

Originally Posted by CitiBank
Great news! On October 20, 2013, exciting changes are coming to the Citi ThankYou Premier Card. While these changes are underway, we are not offering the option to apply online.

We invite you to come back on October 20, 2013 to apply for the enhanced Citi ThankYou Premier Card.

Or you can see all of the Citi cards that are available now by visiting www.citi.com/credit-cards.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 5:32 pm

It's going to be enhanced!!! How silly of us thinking it was being nerfed.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 5:38 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by nall
Must be true:
Where is that statement from? The online apps still seem to be working. Then again, Citi has been notorious (in a good way, though, for FTs) in the past for not taking down online apps for offers that have expired.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 5:58 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Who's "excited" about these changes? Anyone?

I guess now that unsolicited annual fee waiver on my TY Premier card is making a bit more sense (~20k spend on it over the last year).

Must be true:
Old Jul 24, 2013, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by dw
Where is that statement from? The online apps still seem to be working. Then again, Citi has been notorious (in a good way, though, for FTs) in the past for not taking down online apps for offers that have expired.
The landing page for the card:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/cr...er-credit-card

Incidentally, it no longer shows up in the card list on citicards.com
Old Jul 24, 2013, 12:16 am

I spoke with the Citi executive office today and was told that these changes are not set in stone, and cardmembers should submit feedback either via secure messaging/calls if they are unhappy.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by Nick92
I spoke with the Citi executive office today and was told that these changes are not set in stone, and cardmembers should submit feedback either via secure messaging/calls if they are unhappy.
I'll be sure to remind them everyday
Old Jul 24, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
The landing page for the card:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/cr...er-credit-card

Incidentally, it no longer shows up in the card list on citicards.com
Interestingly, the Citi Prestige card is still there and still listing both the companion ticket + 15% discount. Maybe it'll stick around there?

Also, not offering a card for 3 months due to "exciting" changes in quite..interesting.

Why not announce the changes and state that they start in October? Maybe they will be grandfathering some features and want to avoid a rush?

Part of me hopes this has to do with AA (supposedly) coming out of bankruptcy in September and needing to wait until its official to announce transfers or something. That would be exciting.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:01 pm

Compare ThankYou Card Rewards

This website does not list the 15% discount or the free companion flights:

https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/p...ouCompareCards

When you follow the link to apply for the Preferred and Premier cards they are offered only as Visa. I think this is new.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Enclave
This website does not list the 15% discount or the free companion flights:

https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/p...ouCompareCards

When you follow the link to apply for the Preferred and Premier cards they are offered only as Visa. I think this is new.
Actually, it does, first item on Additional Information.

Companion Travel and 15% Travel Plus Discount
Annual complimentary domestic companion ticket is valid within the continental USA. Passenger is responsible for all fees, taxes and charges incurred in connection with the Companion Travel and 15% Travel Plus discount. Details will be provided upon cardmembership.

Nothing on flight points though!

BTW: so what does this mean for the Thank You card, it's not included in the matrix.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:34 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by islandguy84
Part of me hopes this has to do with AA (supposedly) coming out of bankruptcy in September and needing to wait until its official to announce transfers or something. That would be exciting.
I hope this is the case as well. My AF is due in Oct and the only way I will pay it again is if Citi makes some sort of announcement that AA will become a transfer partner. Have over 140K points waiting for the AA thing to become reality.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.