FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi cards closed, TYP confiscated, reasons not disclosed. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1465023-citi-cards-closed-typ-confiscated-reasons-not-disclosed.html)

ramalama8 Jun 18, 2013 9:49 am

Quick Question:

My Preferred statement just closed and it shows I earned 65k thank you points. However, when I click on the button to go to the thankyou website, it only shows my old premier account with 10k points in it. Any idea on how to get it to show all of my points? I REALLY don't want to call in...

CVG_Kid Jun 18, 2013 10:09 am

Originally Posted by ramalama8 (Post 20944241)
Quick Question:

My Preferred statement just closed and it shows I earned 65k thank you points. However, when I click on the button to go to the thankyou website, it only shows my old premier account with 10k points in it. Any idea on how to get it to show all of my points? I REALLY don't want to call in...

Combine your accounts at ThankYou. It's likely your cookies are picking up an old login.

You could also maintain separate ThankYou accounts for each sponsor. I'm doing that with the 5X Preferred. I keep it isolated in the hopes it will reduce any impacts of an adverse action. Likely vain hope but...

ramalama8 Jun 18, 2013 10:57 am

Originally Posted by CVG_Kid (Post 20944397)
Combine your accounts at ThankYou. It's likely your cookies are picking up an old login.

You could also maintain separate ThankYou accounts for each sponsor. I'm doing that with the 5X Preferred. I keep it isolated in the hopes it will reduce any impacts of an adverse action. Likely vain hope but...

OK - awesome. I saw the option to combine, but didn't want to overplay. Thanks.

Bender464 Jun 18, 2013 11:03 am

WHEW!! :cool:

ramalama8 Jun 18, 2013 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Bender464 (Post 20944791)
WHEW!! :cool:

lol

myndreamland Jun 19, 2013 11:20 am

OMG. This thread slipped onto page 2. Look likes the storm is finally over. Has anyone tried to cash out by checks recently? I'm having about 50k sitting in my balance and I'm reluctant to request one.

Bean Jun 19, 2013 11:27 am

Originally Posted by myndreamland (Post 20951971)
OMG. This thread slipped onto page 2. Look likes the storm is finally over. Has anyone tried to cash out by checks recently? I'm having about 50k sitting in my balance and I'm reluctant to request one.

The fact that you have to call in for redemption keeps me away from the checks. Don't need the extra 'eyes' on my account.

LoveMountains Jun 19, 2013 12:05 pm

I am building house of cards, since I am afraid to call too.

Marathon Man Jun 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by LoveMountains (Post 20952257)
I am building house of cards, since I am afraid to call too.

same here

I am sittin on $32k in spend this month and counting. 99% manufactured spend. :D:D

Just eager to get to the closing date to see iffffff :-:

gloreglabert Jun 19, 2013 6:14 pm

Steady on folks, I'm sure Citi is still watching. ;)

Marathon Man Jun 19, 2013 6:28 pm

Tell them to watch this:

Lawsuit

My activity earns points as per their tcs

nwflyboy Jun 19, 2013 9:50 pm

Has the bleeding ended on this?

I don't have any skin in this game (I've never had any Citi 5X or other citi multiple-points cards). I don't recall seeing any fresh reports of smackdowns for a couple weeks now - and I'm thinking that if they were still out lopping off heads, we would be reading more sad stories here. Have the angry TYP gods been placated with the sacrifices that have been made?

thehawk75 Jun 19, 2013 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy (Post 20955539)

I don't have any skin in this game (I've never had any Citi 5X or other citi multiple-points cards). I don't recall seeing any fresh reports of smackdowns for a couple weeks now - and I'm thinking that if they were still out lopping off heads, we would be reading more sad stories here. Have the angry TYP gods been placated with the sacrifices that have been made?

Dunno...

There are no new reports.

And only reports I hear are of folks 'wimping out' and trying to keep under some undisclosed threshold level...

Maybe Citi belives they have 'sent a message' and that's all that's required?

The fact they're paying out checks now does indicate they are taking a different stance on this.

So... Why not push the envelope on this...? It is a 5XGGD (for those who have it, not OP whom I'm replying to).

Our apparant 'biggest b@ll3r' in the thread is a bit of a p*55y with a mere $32K -- yeah, MM, I'm calling you out :D

In all seriousness though... this sudden 'lack of news' might be 'good news' and you're welcome to charge to the hilt in the 5X categories... or... we might be in the 'eye-of-the-storm'...

Either play this game, or do not. Given the reports here, I do not theink there is an 'in between' as far as Citi is concerned.

Marathon Man Jun 20, 2013 3:52 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy (Post 20955539)

I think you said it right in the Account Now thread... all the citi witch hunters have moved over to prepaid card shut downs!

Originally Posted by thehawk75 (Post 20955922)
Dunno...

There are no new reports.

And only reports I hear are of folks 'wimping out' and trying to keep under some undisclosed threshold level...

Maybe Citi belives they have 'sent a message' and that's all that's required?

The fact they're paying out checks now does indicate they are taking a different stance on this.

So... Why not push the envelope on this...? It is a 5XGGD (for those who have it, not OP whom I'm replying to).

Our apparant 'biggest ......' in the thread is a bit of a p*55y with a mere $32K -- yeah, MM, I'm calling you out :D

In all seriousness though... this sudden 'lack of news' might be 'good news' and you're welcome to charge to the hilt in the 5X categories... or... we might be in the 'eye-of-the-storm'...

Either play this game, or do not. Given the reports here, I do not theink there is an 'in between' as far as Citi is concerned.

:D:D yeah I'm only doin like $32k as of this moment... may get to 45k or so..,maybe. Others may be doing the same but no one is speaking up about it. I can say I'm certainly not fearful of anything but I am concerned about being put through the ringer even though I know I would get my $$ back out in the end.

For me, my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious. So I honestly cant do more due to time and logistics constraints (for one... long story, but now my WMT only allows 3k in GC every other day for me. Also, RA has become similarly restrictive in my area. With AN dying, MP becomes less feasible and I have been VRing on other vehicles as of late). My TY Pref is 5x only on drug gas groceries, not on everything like some may have.

I think we are in the eye of the storm too. We shall see!

amolkold Jun 20, 2013 4:05 am

My account is alive but my store ran out of VRs :(