Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] Citi ThankYou Preferred 5x Gas/Groceries/Drugstore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] Citi ThankYou Preferred 5x Gas/Groceries/Drugstore

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:31 pm

I used the new link floating around and the offer was confirmed by a rep as "4 additional Thank You Points on EDS for 12 months".
Old May 1, 2013, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by bobfather
They definitely don't send directly to the loan originator. In fact, you specify the bank you want the loan made out to.

But yes, it was a big surprise to see that they've done it this way. In the past, I've specified the check denominations I wanted, but this is the first time I didn't, I guess because I didn't expect such an inane result.
I just did a trial run on a $100 check made out to my bank and it worked fine to deposit it. But isn't this a big risk that they send a check just made out to the bank. Couldn't someone take the mailed check, bring it into your bank and cash it?

I have about $10K in points but it seems a big risk to have them send this to me in a check. Maybe I need to rent a PO Box for a month. Holding out a bit because I may need to use them for travel early next year but not liking the idea of holding them and having them gone due to some issue. I haven't even got into this latest 5% card for a bit of concern of using it and then causing the other $10K to be at risk. I had the 5% on everything last year for 6 months and accumulated the points at all legit, none gift card buying spending plus 50K TY Prem cards, Gold checking accounts, etc.
Old May 2, 2013, 8:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
I called today to see if there was any offer for the 5x spend for either of my TY cards. Was told nothing available. Told the rep, back in the drawer they go and she offered me 5k for each of my 2 TY cards. No spend, no nothing. TY Citi!!!
Old May 5, 2013, 11:40 pm

I'm late to this game, but just wanted to make sure that this link (below) was the best offer available for this card. Thank you.

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...EF13609C9B954D
Old May 5, 2013, 11:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
I'm late to this game, but just wanted to make sure that this link (below) was the best offer available for this card. Thank you.

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...EF13609C9B954D
there are 15k offers. links in the usual blogs
Old May 6, 2013, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by jmw2323
there are 15k offers. links in the usual blogs
I found this offer: https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-...referred-card/ but it doesn't have 5x G/G/D, will keep looking.
Old May 7, 2013, 9:20 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread has been split. See this thread for discussion of Citi account closures:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...erk-abuse.html
Old May 7, 2013, 1:20 pm

seems all the 5x links are now dead. if anyone has a link and doesn't want to post it public, could you PM it to me?

thx
Old May 7, 2013, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
seems all the 5x links are now dead. if anyone has a link and doesn't want to post it public, could you PM it to me?

thx
There were two 5x links -- one for 15k initial bonus that was killed several months ago, and then the 6k initial bonus link that was posted in this thread. I can't fathom why Citi left the latter alive so long, but as you've noticed, they've finally killed it.

I think the, uh, 'deal' (if that's the right word) is probably closed to new applicants.
Old May 7, 2013, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
There were two 5x links -- one for 15k initial bonus that was killed several months ago, and then the 6k initial bonus link that was posted in this thread. I can't fathom why Citi left the latter alive so long, but as you've noticed, they've finally killed it.

I think the, uh, 'deal' (if that's the right word) is probably closed to new applicants.
yeah, it's looking that way. snooze i lose

i know better than to wait on anything in this game. the official slogan being, 'here today, gone tomorrow...'
Old May 7, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
my gosh I am so lucky that I applied this card 5 days ago. I was thinking to wait another 95 days to apply this card in Sep since my last churn. All good deals come an end. From my experience, shoot good deals, and never wait... good deals are always be dead anytime.
Old May 17, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
The link has been shut down. I wasn't aware of the 6k bonus. That was a pleasant surprise. I wish I had jumped in when it was 15k.
Old May 17, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
The link has been shut down. I wasn't aware of the 6k bonus. That was a pleasant surprise. I wish I had jumped in when it was 15k.
The 5X link came with a 6K TYP bonus.

The other was NOT a 5X GGD, but had the 15K TYP bonus.
Old May 17, 2013, 11:45 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Bender464
The 5X link came with a 6K TYP bonus.

The other was NOT a 5X GGD, but had the 15K TYP bonus.
I feel better now. I also think that the 15k bonus is up on the Citi website. I'm headed to buy beans on my lunch break.
Old May 17, 2013, 12:02 pm

Datapoint:

I received my TY Preferred (5x 1 year) on 5-10-13.
Added $3K VR before statement cut on 5-16-13.

With the 6K bonus, I received ~21K TY points.
Just redeemed 20K for two Bestbuy $100 GCs.
Was initially thinking of going with the mortgage checks, but it seems a bit risky at this point, with the shutdowns I've been reading about.

The BB cards have the same redemption rate as the mortgage checks and I plan to convert them to Amazon dollars, which is as good as cash to me.

So I made $200 in about a week. No complaints here.
Will be maxing at least two BB accounts each month going forward and cashing out as each statement hits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.