Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

50,000 Citi ThankYou Premier Offer (Expiring? Not yet)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50,000 Citi ThankYou Premier Offer (Expiring? Not yet)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
Just got a US Mail offer for 25K bonus.

Just got done shredding it.
my wife got an offer for 80K points. dunno if she should apply. She currently using chase sapphire
Old Dec 18, 2011, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Wife just applied, & was instantly approved, for the 50K TY card. This is her 7th card of the year. What a great year this has been.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by beltway
I wouldn't call that similar. Bloggers did have indications that the offer would be going away, and accordingly issued some warnings (fairly temperate ones, from what I saw). And it turned out that Chase did indeed change the offer terms, although only in various ways secondary to the signup bonus. I suppose it's possible that the bloggers had more info & deliberately tried to get people stirred up, although I think it more likely that they were acting in good faith. Dan's Deals, on the other hand, not so much.
Originally Posted by TheManofaThousandPlaces
This blogger knew the available deal was set to expire and was given no insight about what the new promotion would look like. I think most bloggers were in the same boat. It's possible that a very select few who have unusually close ties to Chase were tipped off about the the new deal, but that would definitely be the exception.
Chase let us know the 50K Ink Bold offer was ending, they didn't tell us that they would be relaunching it again right away.

At any rate those who got in under the old offer (myself included) are quite lucky. They are grandfathered into the old program that links with Chase Exclusives which gives 20% bonus miles on all purchases if you have a Chase checking account and gives threshold bonuses for big spenders as well that can bump your earnings up to 1.5, 1.65, or even 1.675 UR points per dollar spent.

Plus you can get nearly all the benefits of the new Ink Bold card by getting a free Ink Classic card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.