Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cambria Suites in Baton Rouge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2009, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Southwest A List, United Silver, Jumeirah One Silver, Marriott Silver
Cambria Suites in Baton Rouge

I just completed a one night stay for business at the Cambria Suites in Baton Rouge, LA. I must say the hotel is quite nice. I was a bit skepitical when I saw my company booked me into this hotel over the nearby Embassy Suites as I prefer ES and usually accumulate HHonors points for business stays. However, as soon as I pulled up to the parking lot of the Cambria Suites, I was pleasantly surprised. The exterior was much more modern and updated than the Emabassy Suites.
The lady at check-in was very friendly and handed me my room key within about 60 seconds. The lobby was very clean and modern looking with comfy looknig couches all about. My room was very nice. The decor matched the modern look of the lobby and was of a nice size. I would say it was just a bit smaller than most Embassy Suites I have stayed at. The bath amenities had a nice fragrance and the bathroom fixtures were very clean and new looking. The sofa in the sitting area was a bit small, but still very comfortable. I don't know if one could sleep on it. The bed was comfortable and the A/C worked just fine.

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and would recommend it to others in BTR on business.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 4:18 am

Programs: You name it 😉
I think they finished construction on this property at the beginning of the year. I am surprised, and pleased, that you received good customer service. I may be generalizing but I live in BTR and have had far too many business associates and friends bitterly complain about the lethargic state of many service industry employees. If they are responsive more often then not one receives surly (I am being generous) service. Interestingly the majority of complaints I receive are about the Capitol House Hilton staff and the Crown Plaza (former HI Select). I am glad you have a pleasant experience here in Baton Rouge.
Old May 2, 2010, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by dineaux
I think they finished construction on this property at the beginning of the year. I am surprised, and pleased, that you received good customer service. I may be generalizing but I live in BTR and have had far too many business associates and friends bitterly complain about the lethargic state of many service industry employees. If they are responsive more often then not one receives surly (I am being generous) service. Interestingly the majority of complaints I receive are about the Capitol House Hilton staff and the Crown Plaza (former HI Select). I am glad you have a pleasant experience here in Baton Rouge.
I visit BTR about twice per year and couldn't agree more with the bolded statement. Wish it weren't the case because there are some very friendly folks there.
Old May 2, 2010, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
I am a senior at LSU and my parents often stay at that property when the come visit. They have had very good things to say about it as well. However, they usually prefer to stay the the main Marriott (as they get CL access).

As far as the service employees being a bit slow---could not be further from the truth! Dont count on anything going fast (I re learn this lesson again and again--from the bank, grocery store, on and on).

Last edited by ssafro1; May 2, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.