Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Does the Choice program plan to increase the countries in which you can earn points?

Does the Choice program plan to increase the countries in which you can earn points?

Old Mar 13, 09, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M

When I joined in 06 one could earn points for stays in American hotel IIRC, it then expanded to some EU countries and Mexico. Are there any plans to expand? Could use it for Brazil.
Old Mar 15, 09, 2:39 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
When I joined in 06 one could earn points for stays in American hotel IIRC, it then expanded to some EU countries and Mexico. Are there any plans to expand? Could use it for Brazil.
Not sure if it helps for Brazil, but the Choice program in Australia has been a separate program, but not so long ago got an email from them stating:

On 1st April 2009, the Choice Privileges Rewards Program will be relaunched as an exciting new, global program featuring all new member benefits and rewards, allowing you to earn and redeem points at over 5,000 hotels worldwide!
Not sure what it means, but perhaps Australia/NZ will be coming into the US/Europe fold. Anyway, will know in a couple of weeks what it means!
Old Mar 15, 09, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by perthite View Post
Not sure if it helps for Brazil, but the Choice program in Australia has been a separate program, but not so long ago got an email from them stating:

Not sure what it means, but perhaps Australia/NZ will be coming into the US/Europe fold. Anyway, will know in a couple of weeks what it means!

I really hope so, this is the one major issue I have with Choice.
Old Mar 28, 09, 11:44 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
I really hope so, this is the one major issue I have with Choice.
Integration of the two programs is happening over the weekend. Increased my earnings opportunities quite substantially

This means that all domestic and international guests can now earn and redeem Choice Privileges points at over 280 hotels throughout Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and Singapore - and in over 5,000 hotels worldwide! That includes exciting locations throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe*, Mexico and the Caribbean. You’ll also enjoy great new, exciting benefits and Elite membership levels to make your stays even more rewarding in the future.

Search this Thread