Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Earning Northwest Points instead of CP Points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2008, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Privlidges Elite Diamond- 120+ Choice Privileges nights/year, Delta, UA

How long does it take for Northwest or United airline miles to post to their respective accounts if you elect to earn them instead of choice privlidges points? I've always earned points but need to top off a NW worldperks account before years end. Thanks.

Russ
Old Nov 30, 2008, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it should be in effect immediately for new reservations made with your CP number. It may, though, not change the earning preference for reservations already made. You may want to cancel and rebook if the rate hasn't changed or call the Choice Service Center to ask them.

Note: this is based upon my understanding based on others' reports. I always earn CP points.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 4:24 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
You should also verify when you check in that your earning preference is correct. I have had issues with that in the past.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Privlidges Elite Diamond- 120+ Choice Privileges nights/year, Delta, UA
What is the miles earned right now per night? I thought it was 250. Is this right?
Old Nov 30, 2008, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
The base is indeed 250 miles (or .5 WN credits, or 600 QF points).
Old Nov 30, 2008, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by icurhere2
The base is indeed 250 miles (or .5 WN credits, or 600 QF points).
And I believe it is per stay & not per night. I can see crediting to NW when needing a few miles to top off the account for a one night stay. If it were a stay for multiple nights, I would be looking for another way to get the miles.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
It is per STAY; all of my stays are one night but I would never think of earning miles rather than points (the points are very valuable in Europe).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.