Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Did Choice go thru a huge devaluation in Europe?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2024, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I was checking my existing reservation at Prague, the Clarion Prague Old City booked in Dec with 8K pts for stay at early April. Tonight I saw it had gone up to 30K pts! That is shocking!

This forum is rather quiet and there is no post about a huge devaluation on Choice Europe properties...

My points were from the Radisson conversion that already suffered a 2 to 1 hit... Now this is getting quite ugly...
Old Mar 6, 2024, 3:05 pm

As I understand it, Choice is dynamic and valuation can go up and down with demand. I travel regularly to the LA area and sweet spots change sometimes month to month. For example, a hotel I stay at regularly went from 16K -> 12K -> 20k in the span of 3 months. I just book ahead if I see a good deal.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Definitely dynamic pricing. Actually right now it looks seasonal - 30k from April 1-15, then 8k through May (with a couple of unavailable dates).

Screenshot as of March 6.
EqualOpp likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 4:41 pm

Quality hotel in vienna only costs 8k in June, yet the Clarion in neighboring Bratislava costs 20K. Their point pricing is a myth.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by TommyD2
Definitely dynamic pricing. Actually right now it looks seasonal - 30k from April 1-15, then 8k through May (with a couple of unavailable dates).

Screenshot as of March 6.
That's just how they have it set up but the actual redemption value can change at any time. One week it will show 12K redemption through April and then the next week it might change to 20K redemption through April. It's a weird system and not as dynamic as other programs such as IHG.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 7:18 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by macast8061
That's just how they have it set up but the actual redemption value can change at any time. One week it will show 12K redemption through April and then the next week it might change to 20K redemption through April. It's a weird system and not as dynamic as other programs such as IHG.
Which I am actually fine with.

Headed to Scandanavia in a few months (just over 100 days right now) and anticipating this got the Choice card and 90k points. Tons of options (Gothenburg) and it's nice to be able to choose.

Now if they would just release more than 100 days out...
Old Mar 14, 2024, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by TommyD2
Which I am actually fine with.

Headed to Scandanavia in a few months (just over 100 days right now) and anticipating this got the Choice card and 90k points. Tons of options (Gothenburg) and it's nice to be able to choose.

Now if they would just release more than 100 days out...
I loved Avalon Hotel. 20,000 points per night last fall. Status associated with the credit card will result in an upgrade. Breakfast is very good.
TommyD2 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 7:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Is this true for Strawberry Hotels program too? Just noticed that CPH Comfort Hotel seems to be 15k strawberry points per night. I seem to remember it used to be 10k per night. Am I wrong?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.