Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Choice College Sports Experiences Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2023, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers

Managed to grab the Penn State Gold package for 150k points when it opened up this morning -- just in time, as it looks like most of the inventory was gone in minutes!

For anyone who did this in the past, what exactly do the "travel vouchers" entail? There are few details on Choice's website, except that I'll be provided with $1500 worth of "travel vouchers" -- for airfare? Hotels? Is this a giftcard?

Anyone have any clue???
Old Aug 23, 2023, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by OhDoctor
Managed to grab the Penn State Gold package for 150k points when it opened up this morning -- just in time, as it looks like most of the inventory was gone in minutes!

For anyone who did this in the past, what exactly do the "travel vouchers" entail? There are few details on Choice's website, except that I'll be provided with $1500 worth of "travel vouchers" -- for airfare? Hotels? Is this a giftcard?

Anyone have any clue???
Ugh... I was trying to grab the Penn State - Ohio State gold package.... as a Penn State fan... not sure how well that on-field access would have went, but I couldn't even get the website to load so I assume it's sold out already. It sounds like it is going to be two $750 gift cards which would make this an excellent deal since I could have bought the Choice points for $1,400. Oh well. We Are!
OhDoctor likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 3:51 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
I ended up purchasing a gold package with the 2 x $750 travel vouchers. I will let you know once I hear what the form of these $750 vouchers is.
OhDoctor and MDtR-Chicago like this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steve30000
Ugh... I was trying to grab the Penn State - Ohio State gold package.... as a Penn State fan... not sure how well that on-field access would have went, but I couldn't even get the website to load so I assume it's sold out already. It sounds like it is going to be two $750 gift cards which would make this an excellent deal since I could have bought the Choice points for $1,400. Oh well. We Are!
For sure -- if the travel vouchers really are face value, then you're getting $1500 cash, plus two primo seats, on field passes, a signed football, and a merchandise credit all for 75k Citi points (transferred to Choice at 1:2). It's a ridiculous, money-losing proposition on their part.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Quick update -- they e-mailed me today to confirm that the "travel vouchers" will take the form of 3 $500 Visa gift cards, e-mailed in the next 48 hours.
MDtR-Chicago and steve30000 like this.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
They provided the same visa gift cards to me.

Best deal I have ever seen for Choice Points.

I wasn't counting on the travel vouchers being so valuable.
OhDoctor likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by timo469
Best deal I have ever seen for Choice Points.
I've gottan some solid redemptions in Norway, and I once redeemed a two bedroom suite at the Hotel Edgar on Martha's Vineyard for like 20k points when the going rate was almost $1000 a night, but yes, this is essentially the best Choice redemption I've ever seen, especially considering I only had to transfer 75k Citi points to buy the package.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 9:53 pm

How'd this go for you? Mostly curious about pregame field pass. I got the UM vs OSU one this weekend and curious how it'll work. I know where to meet my guy but wondering what else happens.

Thanks
Old Nov 23, 2023, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goofyre
How'd this go for you? Mostly curious about pregame field pass. I got the UM vs OSU one this weekend and curious how it'll work. I know where to meet my guy but wondering what else happens.

Thanks
It was amazing. My contact took us onto the field for pre-game warm-ups, tossed the football with the Nittany Lion, brought us to the hospitality tent to eat, then back to the sidelines (through the tunnel where the team comes out!) to the roaring crowd, where we stayed on the sidelines through the start of the first quarter. Then she took us to our box seats. Trip of a lifetime!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.