Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Cambria Hotel Downtown - South Boston

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2023, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold

I did two back-to-back mileage runs SFO BOS last week, the second run with a night in Boston.

Back in December, I checked for Choice hotel options and didn't see any hotels listed in the city. But then, two weeks ago, for some reason, I decided to check again and saw this new Cambria Hotel for 20k per night. I originally had the Holiday Inn out at the airport booked, but saw the Cambria was convenient with the Broadway - Red Line T station across the street.

Because of a recent knee injury, I booked an accessible king room and at check-in, asked about a roll-in shower. The two front desk associates made an effort to find a suitable shower and provided a chair. The room was comfortable, though not the hard wood desk chair. The floors are solid; I didn't hear footsteps above me or in the hallway. There was ample closet space, a K-cup coffee maker, and a mini fridge. Check-out time is 11 am, but I was granted an extra two hours.

The revenue rate for the room I had was $159++ ($185 all in), so great value with my Daily Getaways points.

EDIT: This hotel isn't new new, but I assume opened fall of 2019 judging by Tripadvisor reviews.
https://www.choicehotels.com/massach...a-hotels/ma229
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...achusetts.html

Last edited by boxo; Jan 22, 2023 at 4:23 pm Reason: Added website links
Old Feb 1, 2023, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Cool

Thank you, boxo . Saw its introduction in Choice's website and go by it frequently, thinking, "Of the Choice family? Truly?" But such is much of Boston's Southie 'hood nowadays, part of the notorious Southie's renaissance (from former stuff of gritty movie legend to current yuppie magnet).
For those interested, a Fun Fact: Kitty corner across the street is a sushi restaurant, whose back room, in its former incarnation, was Whitey Bulger's headquarters where much of his (...ahem...) work was conducted. All rumors, of course, but time was when such words had to be whispered. Anyhow, if you eat there, you go through a large dark room to the restroom... Truly, "If the walls could talk..."
boxo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.