Wiki Posts
Search

Quality Inn: Q Is For Questionable

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2021, 11:59 am
formerly Will Stonehocker
Original Poster

Quality Inn: Q Is For Questionable

Quality Inn is a conversion brand. A lot of Quality Inns are questionable, which is why it has the letter q in it's name. I'm sure y'all know what to do, read the reviews online.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 5:55 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Hello, Will! Thanks for sharing your comments with us. It seems that something did not go as you expected when staying with us, and we are interested to learn more about this. When time allows, please send us a private message with more details about this along with your stay information. We'll keep an eye on your response. ~ Joe
Old Jun 12, 2021, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
Hello, Will! Thanks for sharing your comments with us. It seems that something did not go as you expected when staying with us, and we are interested to learn more about this. When time allows, please send us a private message with more details about this along with your stay information. We'll keep an eye on your response. ~ Joe
I was making a joke on this site.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Choice/Best Western
Will, spot on.

I.E ... in my experiences, I cant believe past stays at QI's in Bedford,PA...Breezewood, PA...Gettysburg, PA.... have to share the same name with dump QI's at York, PA and Hershey, PA
Old Jun 13, 2021, 1:37 pm

The joke went over my head as well, but I agree with your point.

There's no consistency with Quality Inns - some are incredible values (Port Angeles WA and San Luis Obispo CA come to mind) and others are filled with low-caliber permanent residents (College Park GA or South Portland ME Comfort Inn). Choice has 12 (twelve!) hotel brands and I find it hard to differentiate between them.

What's the difference between a Rodeway Inn and Econolodge? What differentiates Comfort/Sleep/Quality Inn? Even some Ascend hotels (Somerset NJ) are worse than the Quality Inns I mentioned above.

Seems each individual hotel is its own fiefdom, for better or worse.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by dcas
The joke went over my head as well, but I agree with your point.

There's no consistency with Quality Inns - some are incredible values (Port Angeles WA and San Luis Obispo CA come to mind) and others are filled with low-caliber permanent residents (College Park GA or South Portland ME Comfort Inn). Choice has 12 (twelve!) hotel brands and I find it hard to differentiate between them.

What's the difference between a Rodeway Inn and Econolodge? What differentiates Comfort/Sleep/Quality Inn? Even some Ascend hotels (Somerset NJ) are worse than the Quality Inns I mentioned above.

Seems each individual hotel is its own fiefdom, for better or worse.
Your concerns are entirely understandable! Please know, each brand has specific amenities which make them different from each other. Please feel free to visit us online at https://www.choicehotels.com/about/brands where you can find all the details of what they have to offer to our valued guests. -Jendy
Old Jun 14, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by gburn07
Will, spot on.

I.E ... in my experiences, I cant believe past stays at QI's in Bedford,PA...Breezewood, PA...Gettysburg, PA.... have to share the same name with dump QI's at York, PA and Hershey, PA
The QI in Wyomissing PA is the only hotel I've ever felt unsafe in. There appeared to be something of a quasi brothel operation on the floor I was on.
synergistic likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 2:27 pm

Hello, there! My team and I would like to have an opportunity to look further into your recent experience at one of our branded hotels. Can you please send us a private message with your full name, date of arrival, confirmation number along with more detailed information about your experience? We will be waiting for your reply. -Liz.

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
The QI in Wyomissing PA is the only hotel I've ever felt unsafe in. There appeared to be something of a quasi brothel operation on the floor I was on.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
We once booked a room at the Days Inn Florida Mall, and were woken up by a lady of the night pounding on our door looking for her john. We reported it to hotel staff after our insistence that she had the wrong room had her pounding on the next door over. Their response was something like, 'Oof, so sorry, don't ya just hate it when that happens?!'
Old Jun 23, 2021, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by synergistic
We once booked a room at the Days Inn Florida Mall, and were woken up by a lady of the night pounding on our door looking for her john. We reported it to hotel staff after our insistence that she had the wrong room had her pounding on the next door over. Their response was something like, 'Oof, so sorry, don't ya just hate it when that happens?!'
I'd hate that too, just wanted to put it out there.
synergistic likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Will Stonehocker
I'd hate that too, just wanted to put it out there.
I remain convinced that you use Flyertalk to get text for a blog or something, some of the threads you start feel a little off. But you did just make me giggle - you're right, and the hotel clerk was right, everyone hates it when that happens =p
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by synergistic
I remain convinced that you use Flyertalk to get text for a blog or something, some of the threads you start feel a little off. But you did just make me giggle - you're right, and the hotel clerk was right, everyone hates it when that happens =p
I sure did.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL,EK
Originally Posted by dcas
There's no consistency with Quality Inns - some are incredible values (Port Angeles WA and San Luis Obispo CA come to mind) and others are filled with low-caliber permanent residents (College Park GA or South Portland ME Comfort Inn). Choice has 12 (twelve!) hotel brands and I find it hard to differentiate between them..
Aurora, OR is terrible but South Portland, ME is a really nice one... and just down the road is Romeos Pizza which is really good too.

Last edited by DesertNomad; Jun 29, 2021 at 9:05 pm
Old Aug 10, 2021, 12:52 pm

Programs: Choice Privileges, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Question Aurora, Oregon?

There is no Quality Inn in Aurora, Oregon. In fact, there are no Choice Hotels of any brand in Aurora, Oregon.

Could you be thinking of a town nearby, or even the town of Aurora in another state?
Old Aug 15, 2021, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FreeHotBreakfast
There is no Quality Inn in Aurora, Oregon. In fact, there are no Choice Hotels of any brand in Aurora, Oregon.
It's actually much simpler than that. There are no hotels at all in Aurora, Oregon. It's a very small town along a secondary highway (99-E) a few miles from I-5. If you search for hotels in Aurora, Oregon, you actually get hotels in Wilsonville just 4ish miles away (at I-5), but some websites don't explain that the hotels are in Wilsonville (they just give the brand and how close it is to Aurora). And that includes a Quality Inn. So it's most likely the Quality Inn Wilsonville, but gotten by a search for hotels in Aurora, and that's why someone may have associated it with Aurora even though it was actually in Wilsonville.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.