Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Multiple consecutive reservations at same hotel - stay in same room?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2020, 9:25 am
Original Poster

I have a hotel stay coming up over 4 nights. I booked it as three different reservations - first night cash, middle two nights points, and last night cash, each on its own reservation. I booked the same room type throughout.

Will this work out okay, and will I likely be able to stay in the same room? I did comment on the first reservation the numbers of the additional two reservations. The first and last night are pretty cheap, so I want to use cash for those if possible. If I'm having to change rooms twice, though, I'd likely just consider using up the additional points (the points value for those two cash nights would be about half-a-penny per point, which isn't horrible but isn't great.)
Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:35 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
I have never had a hotel deny my request to combine reservations in similar circumstances and keep me in the same room. I would assume that your 3 reservations are for the same room type.

You can do this at check-in.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 6:41 am

I did have them deny once when the house was full even with the same room type because they gave me a connecting room and they needed it on one of my last days it was a Clarion.
Does Choice allow central reservations to combine reservations or out a note on them, I've done that at other chains.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 7:27 am
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by jebr
I have a hotel stay coming up over 4 nights. I booked it as three different reservations - first night cash, middle two nights points, and last night cash, each on its own reservation. I booked the same room type throughout.

Will this work out okay, and will I likely be able to stay in the same room? I did comment on the first reservation the numbers of the additional two reservations. The first and last night are pretty cheap, so I want to use cash for those if possible. If I'm having to change rooms twice, though, I'd likely just consider using up the additional points (the points value for those two cash nights would be about half-a-penny per point, which isn't horrible but isn't great.)
Hi there! Thank you for using Choice Hotels for your upcoming travel. To answer your question, as long as you are booked in the same room type, the hotel should be able to make the appropriate arrangements to keep you in the same room. We advise that at check-in on the first night, to let the front desk agent and they can take it from there. I hope you enjoy your stay! -Taylor
KRSW likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 6:15 pm

As noted, it would be rare that a hotel doesn't let a guest stay in the same room, provided all of the consecutive reservations are the same room type. As someone who worked in hotels for over a decade, I can confidently say that making a guest change rooms is a big hassle for both the guest and the hotel.

For the hotel, there's a whole lot of labor costs involved in changing rooms. The Front Desk representative must coordinate the move with the guest. More importantly, check-out rooms get a more thorough cleaning (and new linens/towels) when compared to a stay-over room. So, it's actually in the interest of the hotel to keep the guest in the same room.

That said, it does happen occasionally. The reason is what Brighton Line noted: blocked rooms. Rooms can get blocked in the future for lots of reasons, including connecting rooms.

Follow the advice given and proactively mention the multiple reservations at check-in. That should be good enough unless you know you're traveling at a time of exceptionally high demand or checking in very late (after midnight). In those situations, a call to the hotel the day prior to your arrival would be smart so that they can make sure you get placed in a room that isn't blocked later in your stay.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Good to know. The stay with these bookings actually isn't happening anymore (plans changed due to an unexpected schedule conflict,) but it's still good to know for future reference.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 4:18 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by jebr
Good to know. The stay with these bookings actually isn't happening anymore (plans changed due to an unexpected schedule conflict,) but it's still good to know for future reference.
Oh, this is unfortunate. Wherever you go, I hope that we can welcome you back to one of our many hotels nationwide. If we can help with anything else, please feel welcome to reach out again. Thank you for your time. *Julio

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.