Wiki Posts
Search

Shady operator?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire
Shady operator?

The incremental one night stays were all one stay, paid in cash at checkin.

8/13 & 14 folios correctly show S3A (AAA discount) but $0 balance, The rest show SSC, whatever that is, and 0$ balance.

All correctly show my membership #. No points for any of it. I haven't run it by Choice corporate yet.

Does this look like a shady effort to avoid paying franchise % or just more of a general screw up?
Attached Images  
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
How many rooms/reservations did you have during this time? There's one reservation starting 8/13 for 5 nights, two reservations starting 8/14 for 4 nights, one starting 8/15 for 3 nights, one starting 8/16 for 2 nights, and one starting 8/17 for 1 night. Did you cancel some/all of these reservations?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire
One reservation and one room. It kept updating in the APP like a revolving no-show. I made no changes of any sort.

13 & 1st 14 are shown as "S3A" on folios, 2nd 14 and the rest show as "SSC" that I am unfamiliar with.

I noticed the shortening reservations on the APP early on the 15th and confronted the front desk, mostly to make sure I really had the room and my belongings were safe. He was unable to explain it, but stated I was fine .

I've stayed at this property a lot, on a lot of trips over ~3 years. This is the first time I paid cash, due to forgetting to hang/renew a travel notice on any of my cards and checking in on a Sunday.

As an aside to the points guru(s), I am aware there was a "stay two, get xx" promo of assorted varieties in effect for the two stays shown. The job and schedule aren't conducive to bouncing nightly on this one and I've lost out on a lot of promos there because of it. It doesn't help that QI-SilverLake lost it's franchise. It was my go-to bounce.

If I'm there more than a week, I burn points on the weekend in ElSegundo at the ridiculously low rate that I'm sure you know where.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.