Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Points Plus Cash Alive Again! (was: End of Points Plus Cash program ?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points Plus Cash Alive Again! (was: End of Points Plus Cash program ?)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2021, 11:27 pm

Agreed, it's no longer viable at this price point unless you're desperately short on time for a good redemption.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 6:01 pm

I booked a room with cash plus points and I was wondering if the refund policy has changed. It looks like if I cancel I will get a refund of the cash portion... this is the language on my reservation: "If you cancel your reservation in accordance with the hotel's cancellation policy, you will receive a refund of the original points used to your Choice Privileges account and any monies will be refunded to the credit card used for the additional points purchased." Has anyone made a points plus cash reservation and gotten the cash portion back ever?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 6:47 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Hello, there. You are right! The terms have changed for these types of bookings. Kindly know that the Points plus Cash reservations are eligible to be refunded when the stay booked is canceled within the cancellation period. Members currently receive the money instead of the full amount of the points (points used + points purchased). We are glad to know that your are taking advantage of this feature and hope to welcome you soon. Regards, -Mei

Originally Posted by datsun280z
I booked a room with cash plus points and I was wondering if the refund policy has changed. It looks like if I cancel I will get a refund of the cash portion... this is the language on my reservation: "If you cancel your reservation in accordance with the hotel's cancellation policy, you will receive a refund of the original points used to your Choice Privileges account and any monies will be refunded to the credit card used for the additional points purchased." Has anyone made a points plus cash reservation and gotten the cash portion back ever?
sdsearch likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 5:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
This change means an increased need to pay attention to the occasional point sales on offer if wanting to boost the account balance without having to depend upon earning Choice points from Choice hotel stays and Choice partner program activities (excluding any purchase activity of Choice points).
synergistic likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 9:38 am

Hello, there. Thank you so much for sharing your valuable feedback regarding our Points Plus Cash feature. Please know our company made the updates regarding these types of reservations to allow our customers to get the money they are paying when purchasing those points at a lower rate. Nevertheless, we will share your feedback with the appropriate parties within Choice Hotels to continue making improvements where needed. If you have more questions, feel free to let us know. -Katherin

Originally Posted by GUWonder
This change means an increased need to pay attention to the occasional point sales on offer if wanting to boost the account balance without having to depend upon earning Choice points from Choice hotel stays and Choice partner program activities (excluding any purchase activity of Choice points).
Old May 5, 2022, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
For me, that bridge got crossed when they hiked the cost of points via PPC to a higher cost than you get with even a mediocre points purchase sale - I haven't used PPC since.

I guess it does stink if you valued having a much higher limit on purchased points per year, but .9c a point just isn't attractive for my use cases.
Old May 5, 2022, 5:50 pm

Hello, there. Thank you for taking the time to share your honest comments regarding our Points Plush Cash feature. Your feedback will not go unnoticed, as we will share it with the appropriate internal parties for further review. We appreciate your business and your preference for Choice Hotels. -Mei

Originally Posted by synergistic
For me, that bridge got crossed when they hiked the cost of points via PPC to a higher cost than you get with even a mediocre points purchase sale - I haven't used PPC since.

I guess it does stink if you valued having a much higher limit on purchased points per year, but .9c a point just isn't attractive for my use cases.
Old May 5, 2022, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
Hello, there. Thank you for taking the time to share your honest comments regarding our Points Plush Cash feature. Your feedback will not go unnoticed, as we will share it with the appropriate internal parties for further review. We appreciate your business and your preference for Choice Hotels. -Mei
It's funny you reply to this, when I posted, bumped, and even tagged you regarding my terrible stay a few months ago, and you never responded at all. I guess dead rats in my toilet and bedbugs are things you'd prefer to keep unnoticed.

New low for Choice
Old May 6, 2022, 11:32 am

Hi again, there. We are disappointed to hear you had an unpleasant experience at one of our hotels and did not receive further assistance. We would like to further look into this for you. Please send us a private message with your full name, the hotel's location, check-in date, and more details about your stay. We hope to hear from you soon. -Fernando

Originally Posted by synergistic
It's funny you reply to this, when I posted, bumped, and even tagged you regarding my terrible stay a few months ago, and you never responded at all. I guess dead rats in my toilet and bedbugs are things you'd prefer to keep unnoticed.

New low for Choice
nsx and synergistic like this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
Hello, there. Thank you so much for sharing your valuable feedback regarding our Points Plus Cash feature. Please know our company made the updates regarding these types of reservations to allow our customers to get the money they are paying when purchasing those points at a lower rate. Nevertheless, we will share your feedback with the appropriate parties within Choice Hotels to continue making improvements where needed. If you have more questions, feel free to let us know. -Katherin
Hi - is Points Plus Cash dead again? I'm trying to make a reservation for September and, while there are reward nights, when I try to make a booking it just says that I don't have enough points rather than offering me the option for points plus cash.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:04 pm

Hi there. We regret you are having problems reserving your room with our Points Plus Cash feature. Please know that to take advantage of this option, members must have a minimum of 6,000 points. If you count on this amount on your account, I kindly suggest you follow these recommendations:

1. If you use the website, please try using the Mobile App instead.
2. If you use the Mobile App, try our website, www.choicehotels.com.
3. Clean cookies and cache from your browser.
4. Use a different browser or a different device before starting the process.

If you continue having troubles, feel free to send us a private message with the full name, mailing address, and email associated with your Choice Privileges account. In addition, include the hotel's address and the arrival date.

Kindly regards, -Mei

Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
Hi - is Points Plus Cash dead again? I'm trying to make a reservation for September and, while there are reward nights, when I try to make a booking it just says that I don't have enough points rather than offering me the option for points plus cash.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 8:16 pm

I don't now if using Points Plus Cash is the issue: I'm repeatedly trying to make a booking and getting a message of invalid credit card data. I'm looking carefully at the number, including one browser having it in its memory; I've used two desktop browsers and the iOS app.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 5:40 pm

We regret knowing that you have problems making a Points Plus Cash reservation. In this instance, we recommend verifying your card's information with your bank institution (name, complete mailing address, email, and phone number). Then please compare the details provided by your bank with your Choice Privileges account and update it accordingly, as this type of transaction fails when the information on your card and your Choice account does not match. We hope this helps. -Mei

Originally Posted by rove312
I don't now if using Points Plus Cash is the issue: I'm repeatedly trying to make a booking and getting a message of invalid credit card data. I'm looking carefully at the number, including one browser having it in its memory; I've used two desktop browsers and the iOS app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.