Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Missing Miles - Hotel partner (Choice Hotels)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I have some miles in my AA account that I want to keep alive (not flying AA regularly anymore). Anyway, I thought a stay at a Choice Hotel in AZ was a good way of having some activity on the account.

Problem is that the miles were not posted. I gave the AA number at check-in. I also contacted Choice Hotels by email (choice_privileges @ choicehotels.com) with a request to post the missing miles - silence was their only response and of course no miles on the account.

Anyone having a good idea where to go next from here, caling Choice or AA ?

thx
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:21 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It's not likely AA CA do anything about your Choice stay not posting, as it's the supplier's (Cartera, hotel chain, etc.) responsibility to post earnings. We've moved your query to the proper forum for your question.

For other options to keep your AA miles active, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html.

JDiver, Moderator
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jak456
Hi,

I have some miles in my AA account that I want to keep alive (not flying AA regularly anymore). Anyway, I thought a stay at a Choice Hotel in AZ was a good way of having some activity on the account.

Problem is that the miles were not posted. I gave the AA number at check-in. I also contacted Choice Hotels by email (choice_privileges @ choicehotels.com) with a request to post the missing miles - silence was their only response and of course no miles on the account.

thx
Are you member of Choice Privileges? It costs nothing to sign up, but if you didn't sign up before, I'm not sure if it's as simple as providing your AA number at Check-In as a "nobody". It may be providing your AA number at Check-In to use in place of your Choice Privileges number (with a reservation made with your Choice Privlieges number). So did your reservation originally include your Choice Privileges number?

And how did you book your reservation? Miles/points are only available for reservations booked through Choice itself, not through third-party booking sites such as Expedia. Travelocity, etc.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Booking was made through choice site itself.

I am not a member of Choice Privileges, thus no I did not give a CP number upon reserving. I gave my AA number upon check-in, as instructed by the AAdvantage web-site:

quote: Want to stay in your favorite hotels and earn American Airlines AAdvantageŽ miles at the same time? Explore our extensive list of hotel partners and provide your AAdvantageŽ number at check-in to earn miles for your next adventure!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Booking was made through choice site itself.

I am not a member of Choice Privileges, thus no I did not give a CP number upon reserving. I gave my AA number upon check-in, as instructed by the AAdvantage web-site:

quote: Want to stay in your favorite hotels and earn American Airlines AAdvantageŽ miles at the same time? Explore our extensive list of hotel partners and provide your AAdvantageŽ number at check-in to earn miles for your next adventure!
Yeah, you need to have a Choice Privileges account and specify that you would like AA miles as your form of reward. That's the only cue to Choice to give you anything for the stay, as they think you just don't want any sort of reward otherwise. It's that way for any hotel earning program for miles, as far as I know.
Old May 4, 2017, 6:59 am

If you still need to keep the AA account active. You can make a blog post on Award Wallet to get 5 points.

Hi,

thx
Old May 4, 2017, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by charlesonmission
If you still need to keep the AA account active. You can make a blog post on Award Wallet to get 5 points.
Good tip, THX !!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.