Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Choice Privileges Co-brand Credit Card [WF now, was Barclays]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choice Privileges Co-brand Credit Card [WF now, was Barclays]

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2021, 1:27 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by strummerjones
I signed up for the card recently with the lower bonus, met the spend and the points posted to my account soon thereafter. Then I saw the new bonus and secure messaged the bank to see if they would match. They declined. Whomp whomp.
Hi, there! Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We'd like to document your feedback; to do so, please reply through a private message with more details about your case along with your member number, mailing address, phone number, and email. We hope to hear back from you! -Zaira
Old Jul 18, 2021, 6:43 pm

My partner signed up for this card but we're unable to log into the Choice Privileges Rewards account they set up for us. Any tips, short of calling in and hoping they're able to figure it out over the phone?
Old Jul 19, 2021, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by jebr
My partner signed up for this card but we're unable to log into the Choice Privileges Rewards account they set up for us. Any tips, short of calling in and hoping they're able to figure it out over the phone?
Absolutely! We'll be happy to help! When time allows, please ask your partner to contact us through this channel and send us a private message with the member number, full name, phone number, email, and mailing address. Once we get this information, we'll follow up accordingly. -Jendy
Old Sep 5, 2021, 10:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Choice Barlcay: Platinum or Gold status?

My card (valid until 2023) says "platinum" on it and I know it was acknowledged at a precious stay, but the website is showing I am just gold.

When was the downgrade? I can't say I ever received notification.

The T&C on the Choice website say:
"Important Information about Choice Privileges Membership and associated Choice Privileges member benefits: These points will be awarded after your stay is complete and will be posted directly to your Membership account. The Choice Privileges Visa account must be in good standing to maintain Choice Privileges Elite Gold Membership Status."
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
My card (valid until 2023) says "platinum" on it and I know it was acknowledged at a precious stay, but the website is showing I am just gold.

When was the downgrade? I can't say I ever received notification.

The T&C on the Choice website say:
"Important Information about Choice Privileges Membership and associated Choice Privileges member benefits: These points will be awarded after your stay is complete and will be posted directly to your Membership account. The Choice Privileges Visa account must be in good standing to maintain Choice Privileges Elite Gold Membership Status."
I've had the Choice Privileges Visa card for many years, and it has only granted me Gold status. As I see you're in Japan, perhaps you have a Visa Platinum card as distinguished from a Visa Gold or Visa Classic, classifications that are unrelated to the status given in the Choice Privileges program. Or it is possible that the Choice card works differently in Japan and at some point, may have granted you Choice Platinum status, but I am unaware of any such differences.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 7:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
I've had the Choice Privileges Visa card for many years, and it has only granted me Gold status. As I see you're in Japan, perhaps you have a Visa Platinum card as distinguished from a Visa Gold or Visa Classic, classifications that are unrelated to the status given in the Choice Privileges program. Or it is possible that the Choice card works differently in Japan and at some point, may have granted you Choice Platinum status, but I am unaware of any such differences.
The Visa card is Choice Privileges rewards program, and has "platinum" written on the front, under the word Visa. There is no annual fee, so I wouldn't say it is a premium card.
Some hotels in Japan have "recognized" it, but it didn't mean much. Perhaps a 12pm checkout. Maybe you're right and the status was always gold.
I got the card through my US address and Barclay, so being in Japan isn't a factor. In fact, the Japanese programs run in parallel and while I can get good redemptions here (8,000-12,000 for a double room), I believe I cannot earn the gold/platinum bonus points on my US Choice account on paid stays.

All in all it isn't a big deal, but I thought it odd.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:05 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
The Visa card is Choice Privileges rewards program, and has "platinum" written on the front, under the word Visa. There is no annual fee, so I wouldn't say it is a premium card.
Some hotels in Japan have "recognized" it, but it didn't mean much. Perhaps a 12pm checkout. Maybe you're right and the status was always gold.
I got the card through my US address and Barclay, so being in Japan isn't a factor. In fact, the Japanese programs run in parallel and while I can get good redemptions here (8,000-12,000 for a double room), I believe I cannot earn the gold/platinum bonus points on my US Choice account on paid stays.

Yep, status is not one of the major "features" of the Choice program. I've probably had whatever status I've had through the years (travel has put me in all three status levels at some time or another) acknowledged less than 40% of the time. With the watering down of status benefits in other programs, I don't see that as so much of a big deal, however, and like you, have found my "sweet spot" redemptions in the program. And I've long noticed that redemptions in Japan can be very reasonable.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 12:54 pm

Hi again, there! We have received your private message and we have responded to you there. As well, kindly note that late check out depends on the hotel's availability. If anything else comes up, feel free to reach out to us. Thank you for reaching out to us. Have a great day!

-Fernando
Choice Hotels International
CID: 10437898

Old Jan 25, 2022, 11:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
SUB posted fine, but not 10x points at 1sr Choice property stay

I had no issues with the 75k SUB on this card last year...nice deal that posted just fine.

However, Saturday January 22, I had a one-night stay at a Clarion Inn that posted to the Choice hotels card with only the lowly 2x level for everyday spend, not the 5x bonus for Choice hotel spend.

Anyone else have similar problems?

And Choice reps, how do you suggest I handle this please? TIA.

Last edited by DaveH; Jan 25, 2022 at 11:39 pm
Old Jan 26, 2022, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by DaveH
I had no issues with the 75k SUB on this card last year...nice deal that posted just fine.

However, Saturday January 22, I had a one-night stay at a Clarion Inn that posted to the Choice hotels card with only the lowly 2x level for everyday spend, not the 5x bonus for Choice hotel spend.

You get 2x points (only on the hotel room rate, not on taxes) when the hotel charge goes onto the credit card. A couple of days after your monthly statement closing date, you get the 3x points on the total hotel charge. If the stay is close to your statement date, the 3x will post on the next month's statement.
DaveH likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 1:31 pm

Hello, Dave! Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry regarding the Choice Privileges Visa Card. To better assist you, please send us a private message with your Choice Privileges number, mailing address, and phone number on file. We'll be waiting for your message. -Zaira
Old Jan 26, 2022, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by DaveH

Hello, Dave! Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry regarding the Choice Privileges Visa Card. To better assist you, please send us a private message with your Choice Privileges number, mailing address, and phone number on file. We'll be waiting for your message. -Zaira
Old Feb 9, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
Thank you for the official replies, and I apologize for not following up earlier!

Oddly, the transactions page still shows only 2x, but the rewards summary page shows 875 points on 175 spend, or the full 5x. So my suspicion is that everything will post correctly after the statement cycles in a week or so.

This works differently from my other Barlcays cards, but no problem as long as the results are the same.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 5:14 pm

We appreciate your reply and that you're following up, Dave! If you still have any questions about it, or if the correct number of points are not credited to your account, do not hesitate to send us a private message with the details requested. We appreciate your loyalty to Choice Privileges. -Ed
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:53 am

Has anyone received the extra bonus points yet for the credit card? Think it was 4x spend through Dec.31st. So an extra 2x spend should post soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.