Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Comfort Suites Paradise Island (Nassau) - Fees waived on points?

Comfort Suites Paradise Island (Nassau) - Fees waived on points?

Old May 2, 20, 10:28 pm

I had a recent points stay in Oakland and was charged a ($10) 'Hotel Services Fee' for 'Measure Z Surcharge.' I mentioned to the clerk that I thought all fees were supposed to be included on points booking, but he was (politely) adamant. I intended to ask Choice about this upon my return, but life got very strange very quickly when we got back . Anyway, I know it's a different property, but I'm also interested in hearing how this part all works these days...
Old May 4, 20, 1:32 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by LX64A332 View Post
Bumping the thread to see if there are any updates?
Im scared to buy the points needed, only to then be charged the "flat sales tax" of $37 per person per night, so would be nice to know if points stays still have ZERO additional taxes incurred.
Thanks for reaching out here to get an update. To confirm, reward nights cover the cost of the room and tax, extra person charges, and extra beds. Incidentals that would incur a charge are parking, pet fees, room service, or resort fees. I hope this information has been helpful. If we can be of any additional service, feel welcome to reach out by message. We appreciate your membership. Take care! *Julio
Old May 4, 20, 1:33 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by synergistic View Post
I had a recent points stay in Oakland and was charged a ($10) 'Hotel Services Fee' for 'Measure Z Surcharge.' I mentioned to the clerk that I thought all fees were supposed to be included on points booking, but he was (politely) adamant. I intended to ask Choice about this upon my return, but life got very strange very quickly when we got back . Anyway, I know it's a different property, but I'm also interested in hearing how this part all works these days...
Thank you for your patronage! I am glad you got in contact to gain clarity on this situation. To follow up accordingly, please send a message with your confirmation number, member number, full name, email, and telephone in association with your account. My team and I will be on the lookout. Chat soon! *Julio
Old May 6, 20, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels View Post
Thank you for your patronage! I am glad you got in contact to gain clarity on this situation. To follow up accordingly, please send a message with your confirmation number, member number, full name, email, and telephone in association with your account. My team and I will be on the lookout. Chat soon! *Julio
Message sent, thank you !
Old May 15, 20, 3:16 pm

Programs: Choice, Marriott, Hilton, Wyndham, Delta, American, Jet Blue, SWA
Originally Posted by miadukes View Post
Well I know in Paris, there is whatever tax they have to charge no matter what the stay so it could have been something similar, granted i was aware as they had plenty of warnings online when I booked. It was minimal and i was there on 2 free hyatt night and 3 point IHG nights, I know not chouce but figured it might be relevant.
I had a similar experience at a Choice Hotel in Paris (2017, 8-night stay on points.)
When we checked-in they hit me with this Paris "daily tax." Since as a matter of flexibility I always book separate reservations for each night of a continuous stay, I was charged for only one day - after a great amount of polite protest. The following morning the desk lady apologized profusely and acknowledged that I was correct - it seems she inquired with her boss - and no more charges.
I never got my 2-3 Euro back... it didn't reappear as a credit on my credit card ever. Sometimes it's just more efficient to take the defeat/take the "loss" rather than spend who-knows-how-much-time-it-takes to press the issue.

Last edited by DCABarry; May 15, 20 at 3:24 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: