Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choice BRG: now $50 gift card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Since the change has occurred : $50 prepaid card for US or free night for internationals, I noticed the copy / paste normal response has stayed the same until today, not to mention it took over 72 hours to receive a denial (even though it was valid .. Not even going there)

I received the subject line as: "Best Internet Rate guarantee report"

And (entirely different form letter)

Thank you for reaching out to us about our Best Internet Rate Guarantee program.

Unfortunately on this occasion your claim is a denial due to the rate on the competing website being higher than that booked on Choice Hotels.

The hotels in the Choice hotels family are independently owned and operated, and our guidelines allow us to offer a fair and consistent program to all guests. Hotels have agreed to honor the program if a submission meets the program’s terms and conditions.

If you have additional questions, please visit our terms & conditions page. We hope to welcome you at a Choice hotel soon!
Old Dec 3, 2016, 8:28 pm

Choice has been very annoying with BRGs lately, saying my BRG claims are for reservations within 30 days of each other. Then they approved a BRG within 30 days of another BRG I requested a month ago.

The terms say the 30 day limitation only applies to the $50 Visa gift card, not to a request for a lower rate. I am arguing back with them about this, but who knows what will happen.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ENOTTY
Choice has been very annoying with BRGs lately, saying my BRG claims are for reservations within 30 days of each other. Then they approved a BRG within 30 days of another BRG I requested a month ago.

The terms say the 30 day limitation only applies to the $50 Visa gift card, not to a request for a lower rate. I am arguing back with them about this, but who knows what will happen.
But to be honest I didn't know there was a difference between getting the $50 & just matching the lower rate.. but then again I never tried. I don't know if they'll end up honoring it but if you're simply just trying to match the price make sure you say that
Old Dec 5, 2016, 12:51 am

First they replied by copying the section about the $50 card out of the T&C and emailing it to me. Thanks guys. I clearly haven't read it before :rolleyes

I pushed back again saying the terms she sent me referred to the card and not to the rate match. She finally replied with:

Thank you for your recent email.

Our hotels are independently owned and operated.

Please contact the hotel for further assistance.
If I find the time and patience, I think I'm going to call and argue further, even if only to gain clarification on the T&C

Last edited by ENOTTY; Dec 5, 2016 at 8:10 am
Old Feb 3, 2017, 2:54 pm

I had a BRG stay for the Inn of Chicago in March. I received a email yesterday saying that hotel is no longer affiliated with Choice. What are the chances they'll honor the BRG rate? What are the chances I'll receive the $50 rewards card?

EDIT: I called Inn of Chicago and they said my reservation was cancelled. ...!

Last edited by ENOTTY; Feb 5, 2017 at 12:17 pm
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:06 pm

Recent experience

Submitted two one-night stay BRGs at two different hotels last week (different person booking), both were approved and awarded free nights as we're international customers.
One was on Expedia, second one on Hotwire.
Quality Inns so nothing spectacular, but makes my spring break trip a lot more enjoyable

Last edited by klanfa; Feb 23, 2017 at 7:02 pm
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:30 am

Are you necessarily required to book the Choice member rate if it's the lowest rate to be eligible for the BRG?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by DealAddict
Are you necessarily required to book the Choice member rate if it's the lowest rate to be eligible for the BRG?
I think you do. As per T&C "The Lowest Price Guarantee applies to the following rates: Best Available Rate, Advance Purchase, Choice Privileges membership, promotions, AAA, and Senior/AARP."
The last two seem irrelevant, since they cannot know whether you're eligible for any of those two rates. On the claim form, though, they ask for your Choice Privileges number, so you can't go say you didn't book the member rate because you weren't a member.

What I'm trying to figure out is whether it's possible to BRG a flexible rate (vs a flex rate) when a (lower-priced) advance purchase rate is available on Choice. Any experiences with this?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by klanfa
I think you do. As per T&C "The Lowest Price Guarantee applies to the following rates: Best Available Rate, Advance Purchase, Choice Privileges membership, promotions, AAA, and Senior/AARP."
The last two seem irrelevant, since they cannot know whether you're eligible for any of those two rates. On the claim form, though, they ask for your Choice Privileges number, so you can't go say you didn't book the member rate because you weren't a member.

What I'm trying to figure out is whether it's possible to BRG a flexible rate (vs a flex rate) when a (lower-priced) advance purchase rate is available on Choice. Any experiences with this?
I called and the agent said, no you don't have to book the Choice members rate.

And,yes, I believe you are allowed to BRG a flexible rate if there is a ADP rate. At least it used to be like that

My claim has been dragging for 48 hours. They denied it yesterday and claimed the rate on the competing website is higher (which it's not). I responded back, but haven't had an answer back since. At this point, the rate is going to go up given how long they are taking...

Is the claims depatment even open on the weekend? The recorded message used to state their hours, now all you get is voicemail.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:36 pm

Is there a reason Choice agents don't see the lower rate I'm seeing most of the time? It's very annoying. The rate is available. This has happened for several hotels.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:36 pm

Color me shocked. After 72 hours of back and forth, Choice BRG department approved me after I had sent them screenshots. I thought they didn't accept those?

Free night @ the Paul NYC^

Last edited by DealAddict; Mar 20, 2017 at 6:05 pm
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DealAddict
Color me shocked. After 72 hours of back and forth, Chase BRG department approved me after I had sent them screenshots. I thought they didn't accept those?

Free night @ the Paul NYC^
Just stayed there last week for the blizzard on a BRG. Really nice property!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 11:06 am

Another 2 free nights in NYC thanks to Choice BRG.one In July... and one in October

Last edited by DealAddict; Jun 24, 2017 at 5:31 pm
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:09 am

All items match the BRG but only the breakfast terms,
Choice without breakfast & OTA with breakfast,
Does it possible for approve the BRG ?

Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by connietse
All items match the BRG but only the breakfast terms,
Choice without breakfast & OTA with breakfast,
Does it possible for approve the BRG ?

Thanks
That's a pretty big difference. I doubt if a BRG would be approved, but there's no harm in trying. They may not notice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.