Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Point Expiration Policy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:54 pm

The new expiration dates are showing when you log in! Looks like everyone's points expire 18 months from today with the 18 months extended with any qualifying activity. Nice change
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:24 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
What it says when I log in is:

"Keep your points active by completing one of many qualifying activities by 08/01/2017"

Previously, I had some points expiring Dec. 31, 2016 and some expiring Dec. 31, 2017.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by 2RETIREDTRAVELERS
The new expiration dates are showing when you log in! Looks like everyone's points expire 18 months from today with the 18 months extended with any qualifying activity. Nice change
Indeed.

And with this, ChoicePrivileges leapfrogs over several other hotel and airline loyalty programs.

^ ^ ^
Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Looks like everyone's points expire 18 months from today with the 18 months extended with any qualifying activity. Nice change
Not so - my points expiration shows: 12/31/2015 - with the correct amount of points still showing.
Made a purchase through the shopping mall and hope that those points will show up in time before forfeiture.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Travelomania
Not so - my points expiration shows: 12/31/2015 - with the correct amount of points still showing.
Made a purchase through the shopping mall and hope that those points will show up in time before forfeiture.
Interesting, My wife's and my account expiration dates were both extended. Have you had any "activity" with Choice lately?

Last edited by 2RETIREDTRAVELERS; Feb 3, 2016 at 2:47 pm
Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Interesting, My wife's and my account expiration dates were both extended. Have you had any "activity" with Choice lately?
Yes, in fact as recently as December 12th, 2015. However, technically under the old rules my activity can only be qualified as "redemption" and that might be my problem since I have not earned anything yet.
I bought a bunch of points - I believe 80k - from the "Daily Getaways" offer a couple of years ago. I've been able to make good use of some of the points for hotel stays in Paris, but when I calculated the expiration date the "old way", my points should have expired definitely on 12/31/15.
But like I mentioned before, the responses from phone agents are YMMV.
Yesterday I was assured that my points would not expire until 18 months from the last date of activity and that the date of 12/31/15 as shown on my account is a glitch.
Go figure
Old Mar 9, 2016, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I had purposely not invested with Choice because of its expiration policy and am very happy to see this change. The new credit card offer is very tempting.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Platinum for Life, HH Gold, IHG Platinum. Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, United Silver
Dang. I just lost my points and Choice will not reinstate them for me. 64000 points down the drain. I did not get notification because I had not selected any form of communication in my account. Points were removed two days ago. Although I have not stayed with them for a couple of years I will never stay at their properties again. I was going to purchase Choice points under their current promotion but why would I do that now. Make sure you have communications set either email or snail mail so this does not happen to you.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: WN A+/CP, HH Diamond, Delta Gold, UsAir Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gogih
Dang. I just lost my points and Choice will not reinstate them for me. 64000 points down the drain. I did not get notification because I had not selected any form of communication in my account. Points were removed two days ago. Although I have not stayed with them for a couple of years I will never stay at their properties again. I was going to purchase Choice points under their current promotion but why would I do that now. Make sure you have communications set either email or snail mail so this does not happen to you.
Also just realized I lost my points(48k) - no communication from them. I also will not be staying at with them again.
Old May 8, 2018, 5:46 pm

So mad. I also just had 64000 points lost. The whole situation is so customer unfriendly. Even if you are opted-into communications from Choice, there is no notification from Choice that points are about to expire, that they do expire, or anything like that. Email statements only show balance and have no messaging about expiration whatsoever.
Old May 8, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
So, you don’t have any Choice points activity ( like maybe staying at a hotel for a night )for 18 months, nor do you look at your account online ( points expiration date is clearly shown ) , it is difficult to have sympathy.

Here is a hint. All of your points at all of your programs have expiration dates for non- activity. If you want to keep your points, check them out every once in a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.