Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Choice Hotels website is displaying other customers information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Marriott, Choicr.

Hello - I just logged on to my Choice Hotel account. I clicked on the top for "My Account" and "My Points and Stay Activity" To my surprise it showed a bunch of places that I have never been. I clicked to view the folio. It showed a random person's information, name, address, email, dates of stay. I logged out and logged back in. Surprise! A new person. Great. I've clicked around, and it appears the only other place you can see information is on the spot to buy points. I saw someones name and email address.

I called Choice. Their Customer Service reps are terrible. The first person accused me of trying to hack into peoples account. The second person really didn't think it was that big of a deal. However, she did admit that it was a known issue, and a lot of people have reported it.

I asked if I would be notified if some random person was given my information. She said there is no way they can do that. I did what I felt was the right thing to do and emailed everyone who's information that I saw. Hopefully they read it and don't delete it as spam.

So, if you stay with Choice, check out your account. Thanks a lot Choice!
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Marriott, Choicr.
An update on this - Choice Hotel told me that this happened only on 1/14 for about four hours.

Things that could be seen were name, address, email, the folio from prior reservations and upcoming reservations.

I don't know if this is a big deal or not. I certainly don't like it, but I don't know if I should push it somewhere. Choice Hotel though doesn't seem to think it is a big deal at all.

They asked what they could do for me, and I asked that they notify all of their customers. They said that this is not possible, and offered me a bonus 1,000 Choice points. I declined the 1,000 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.