Search

Choice Corporate code 25% off

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool Choice Corporate code 25% off

I ran across this when googling for coupons.

25% off

Details: Get 20- 25% off business or personal travel for Century 21 System members and clients
Code: 00803277

Does anyone have experience whether Choice Hotels actually ask for any ID when using a code?

In this case, it certainly looks like it might be valid for anyone who ever looked at a house with a Century 21 agent, but I don't know if these are the true terms of the offer or just a website summary. This language is in the reservation when you click through: "Rate Program: Net VIP Rate - (An eligible party with identification must occupy the room to qualify for the Net VIP Rate.)"

Thanks for any experience people have about this.

Cheers,

Doc
Old Jul 3, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: Choice, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton, Wyndham, Delta, American, United, Jet Blue, SWA
Originally Posted by Doc Savage

Does anyone have experience whether Choice Hotels actually ask for any ID when using a code?

This language is in the reservation when you click through: "Rate Program: Net VIP Rate - (An eligible party with identification must occupy the room to qualify for the Net VIP Rate.)"

I always use a code when I book a Choice hotel, I need an extra 10-15-20% off to incentivize me to say "yes' to Choice - a brand that IMO has way too many substandard/marginal properties in their network - and I'm taking a risk EVERY TIME I book a Choice stay. That's my justification to using codes that don't apply to me...otherwise they WOULD NOT get my business.

To answer your question: I have only been asked for an ID (proof) for a code stay one time (in 100+) and that was 6-8 years ago in suburban Atlantic City. NEVER, NEVER otherwise. Your chances are good, go ahead and use the code - have a B.S. story ready just in case you have the bad luck and get the 1 in 100 check-in clerk who is really doing their job! (the Organization name does appear on the computer so the clerks do know what it is called, so at least have the NAME of the organization for which code you are using in your heard, ready to recite.)

As a consumer, one has the right to get the lowest price possible. It's only fair that you get to lessen the price comparable to other hotel patrons - and a proportionate reduction of the extraordinary sales taxes in many jurisdictions - soak the visitors, not the locals (this is a crime IMO.)

Last edited by DCABarry; Jul 3, 2014 at 3:42 pm
Old Aug 3, 2014, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Doc Savage

In this case, it certainly looks like it might be valid for anyone who ever looked at a house with a Century 21 agent, but I don't know if these are the true terms of the offer or just a website summary. This language is in the reservation when you click through: "Rate Program: Net VIP Rate - (An eligible party with identification must occupy the room to qualify for the Net VIP Rate.)"

Cheers,

Doc
How the heck does one apply this code? The choice website is wack. It simply reverts back to best available rate no matter how many times I try to put in this corporate code.

Any help?
Old Aug 3, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by rkjflyer1
How the heck does one apply this code?
I've never used this corporate code, but here is the way you apply corporate codes to your account.

Log-in. Click on 'View/Edit profile' on the left. The second section allows you to enter the name of the corp and your corporate ID. Then click 'submit' at the bottom.

The next time you log-in and make a reservation, you should have a corporate rate option under the tab 'select rate'. I believe that most corporate rates are 15% off, so only an extra 5% over the AAA rate.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
This code seems to not work. You can enter it, it is known, but after you don't have any specific rate to chose (unlike my usual corporate rate)
Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by lougord99
I've never used this corporate code, but here is the way you apply corporate codes to your account.

Log-in. Click on 'View/Edit profile' on the left. The second section allows you to enter the name of the corp and your corporate ID. Then click 'submit' at the bottom.

The next time you log-in and make a reservation, you should have a corporate rate option under the tab 'select rate'. I believe that most corporate rates are 15% off, so only an extra 5% over the AAA rate.
Thanks, tried that. It said the profile update can take up to 10 business days.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lougord99
I believe that most corporate rates are 15% off, so only an extra 5% over the AAA rate.
Well, Special Organization Savings rates (called SOS rates before you enter them, but relabeled SC15 rates after you enter them) require no special setup (just keying in the right 5-digit SOS code right before doing a search), and also are 15% off.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well, Special Organization Savings rates (called SOS rates before you enter them, but relabeled SC15 rates after you enter them) require no special setup (just keying in the right 5-digit SOS code right before doing a search), and also are 15% off.
Yea. What he said.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:24 pm

In that case, this code doesn't work -- it's dead or never was active in the first place.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In that case, this code doesn't work -- it's dead or never was active in the first place.
You said above you tried the procedure documentd by lougord99 in post 4 above, but it told you on Aug 4 that it could take up to 10 business days. My calendar says it's only 2 days so far. So how do you know yet that it doesn't work?

This Century 21 code is not a Special Organization Savings code.

My whole points about bringing SOS in this thread was simply that if other corporate codes only give 15% off, then they seem no better (but much more work) than SOS codes. So if you don't have "legitimate" access to either, why not scrounge an SOS code instead of scrounging a corporate code?

It's the claim of 25% off that makes this one corportate code possibly worth pursuing.

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 6, 2014 at 1:59 pm
Old Aug 11, 2014, 7:18 pm

You said above you tried the procedure documentd by lougord99 in post 4 above, but it told you on Aug 4 that it could take up to 10 business days. My calendar says it's only 2 days so far. So how do you know yet that it doesn't work?

This Century 21 code is not a Special Organization Savings code.
I'm not familiar with the terminology. Your post seemed to imply it was a SOS code. If that isn't the case, then obviously my observation doesn't apply.

why not scrounge an SOS code instead of scrounging a corporate code?

Depends on if a SOS code is easier to scrounge . I scrounged with not much luck. Would you happen to have a list to alleviate my scrounging fatigue?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 7:29 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
It was working when I first posted, looks like no joy now. Oh, well.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Depends on if a SOS code is easier to scrounge . I scrounged with not much luck. Would you happen to have a list to alleviate my scrounging fatigue?
Sorry, relying on experience from the past.

I just ran into an issue where as of yesterday & today, everywhere I search in California, Oregon, Washington state, Arizona, and Utah, SOS codes are bringing up nothing other than Rodeway Inn and/or EconoLodge. Further east some Comfort and/or Quality and/or other brand properties are coming up in some locations, but only a fraction of the hotels that used to show SOS/SC15 rates (at least as recently as a few weeks ago) now do.

I wanted to see if it was just the SOS code I had been using or all the others, and I did a search, and found that most of the sites that used to list SOS codes (for example, a bunch of state farm bureaus) had either (a) stopped listing them publicly or (b) switched to corporate codes. (I did, however, find at least one other SOS code and it produced the same Rodeway/Econo-only results.)

So I guess they're not easier to scrounge any more, and even if they are, at the moment they're not of very much use (unless Rodeway is your favorite brand).

I'm not sure yet whether thiis Rodeway/Econo-only issue in the West is a temporary glitch or a change in policy about SC15 rates.

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 12, 2014 at 3:54 pm
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:53 am

^ That's good info.

So, just to confirm, since this code is a no go, is 15% the best available (if one can find it) discount right now?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 1:10 pm

I've looked into this extensively and there are absolutely no discount codes (Century 21 included) that work at this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.