Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expired points reinstated

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up Expired points reinstated

So we all know about the way our CP points expire once in 3 years. I had about 72000 points until Dec last year and was worried about 41000 getting expired on 31 Dec 2012. But frankly couldnt do squat about it. I let it go because we didnt need to use it for hotel rooms because I was pregnant and almost full term and wasnt going to travel before Dec. Now we're travelling in April and I was hoping to redeem 2 rooms for 3 nights in India (10000 points per night). Obviously, I was short of points for 3 nights and was going to pay through my nose for the other room.

But FT came to my rescue and I read that sometimes these points get reinstated if we called them. So guess what, I called the US number from India and spoke to this very nice person called Sam and he reinstated all 41000. I just asked him if there was anyway he could instate those expired points for me since I am having an upcoming travel and hoping to redeem them. He said that since I was a platinum member he would do it right away. Viola! No sooner did I put the phone down, those points were back into my account. I'm looking forward to my 3 night free stay in a week!

CP rocks once again!!! ^
Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: American - Platinum Pro, Marriott - Platinum
Wow! Congrats on getting the points back.

Thanks for sharing...gives hope to people who might be in the same boat.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: PC Plat, HHonors Silver
Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand the timing. How many points expired last year? How many are going to expire December 2012? And if you are travelling this month (or are you talking April 2013?) why are points expiring in December an issue. Also, if they don't expire until December, why would you need to reinstate them now?

I'm all for easy and free reinstatement of points, I just don't understand the details. And I do realize that the real point here is to call and ask for reinstatement if you did have points expire. Though we've just planned on converting them to airline miles any December that points were going to expire.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CreditMadeEZ
Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand the timing....
I'm going to guess that "2012" was a typo. That "2011" was what was meant based on the way the rest of the paragraph was phrased.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:03 am

Programs: AC
good to hear.
I had miles expire before....but I didn't have any status.
Tks for posting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.