Community
Wiki Posts
Search

late check out

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Asked for late checkout until 1 pm today at the Comfort Inn - Times Square South in NYC. Hotel is sold out tonight (and I verified it online), so only 12 Noon (1 hour late) was offered. After further discussion that I had a 2 PM train to catch, the desk clerk changed her mind and gave me a 12:30 PM late checkout.
Old May 19, 2011, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I've only received the late checkout privilege at the motels where I'm a frequent guest. Then it's for up to an hour after the official checkout time, max. (Somewhere along the line I stumbled across the Diamond line, but it hasn't made any difference.)

Originally Posted by VolFanDave
Would be nice, but that requires keeping a housekeeper on site all day, which costs money...
I think this is right to the point. They run on such (apparently) thin margins to keep the prices down that they just don't have the "give".
Old May 19, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL DM&MM, PC PM, MR LTP, HH DM
Late checkout

Thanks for getting me thinking. I often work and fly the same day and use late checkouts all the time. I always ask the morning of, ask politely and then hang my "Do not disturb" hanger and place a piece of paper in the lock slot that says "2pm Checkout" (so housekeeping won't try and clean it early). Works pretty much every time.

I figured that it was a rule but locally decided what "Late Checkout" timing was. I just checked Choice and found this - "Elite benefits may vary depending on hotel and location and may not be available in all locations."

Ok, just what I thought, then reading down further - "5. Extended check-out upon request (up to 2:00 p.m. local hotel time at all hotels in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean or up to 2 hours past standard check-out at hotels in Europe, the Middle East, Australasia and most of our international locations). Must be requested before posted check-out time." Hmmm, sounds like a RULE to me!

I guess I'm gonna have to print out the CP Benefits page to carry with me, I've had to do this for years to explain the baggage allowances to the stupid ticket agents for US Air and UAL .
Old May 25, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: Choice Privileges Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold, National EA, Avis First, HHonors Silver, Delta Skymiles
Nice to see this thread revived-this year we're batting .500 on late checkouts. The same Sleep Inn in Columbia still refuses to budge past noon. Two Charleston properties let us have the 2pm, but the Myrtle Beach CI that told us they had to honor it wouldn't go past noon this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.