Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Old Chinese visa sticker missing

Old Mar 23, 2008, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

I recently discovered that an old Chinese multiple-entry visa sticker had fallen off my old trusty passport. It left a big discolored "rectangle" on one page. This missing area was then partially filled in by a Japanese visa sticker and other stamps, but the anomaly is quite obvious - I'm shocked that the Japanese immigration officer didn't notice it. I travel constantly and never paid any attention to stamps and such. At any rate, I reported this to the Chinese consulate and they told me I should have made an effort to find it, and since it was issued and now missing, the Chinese authorities would consider my passport void next time I enter China (that is, if they take a look). My passport has another Chinese visa, and I hate to waste money on either another passport or another visa. Any comments or suggestions from experienced travellers?
Old Mar 23, 2008, 10:12 pm

I've removed 2 old Chinese visas from my passport (they come off easier than most visas). I removed the old one in place of getting a new Chinese visa both times. Not once did anyone say anything at the border, or at the embassy (Ottawa)

The embassy would have noticed, I had about 20 entry/exit stamps on the previous 2 visas, but no sticker visa...
Old Mar 23, 2008, 10:35 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk raustin.
I am moving this to the FT China Forum for further discussion.
Thanks for your understanding...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Mar 23, 2008, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Is it poor adhesive?

I wonder if the adhesive failed? I've visited China at least twice every year for over ten years, so I've had several Chinese visas... I think you're right that the issuing consulate will notice. The consular officer told me each issuing location keeps track of the visas they've issued to each visitor - they can also see all the Chinese visas you've had when they scan in your passport. I guess my concern is that when/if I renew at the same place and they can't find the old one they issued, they'll reject the application... I think I'll take my chances like you did - I suspect other countries couldn't care less.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:30 am

Well, I had 3 consecutive visas issued by the Chinese embassy in Ottawa, and I've removed the one before it prior to applying for the new one. They haven't had a problem issuing one yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.