Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong to Shenzhen Airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2010, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by mnredfox
In my case the ferry times to Fuyong weren't convenient. Turbojet does not publish HKG-Shenzhen ferry times on the web nor on their brochures. I don't think you can go HKG-SZH via ferry, I'm pretty sure you have to go to Shekou. From Macau you can do both Macau-SZH/Shekou.
Turbojet doesn't operate HKG-Fuyong any more, but CKS does. The schedule is on hongkongairport.com. It is less frequent than Shekou, with only 6 sailings a day each way.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:03 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by rkkwan
Thanks for the report. But just curious, why don't you just take the ferry to Fuyong? Is it because it's less frequent and you just miss one sailing?
Closest ferry port to Dongguan Convention center would be Humen, at 30KM.
But only available from HKIA

Closest Dongguan train station 65 km to convention center.

Bus might be best option.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 6:59 am

Restaurants at Shenzhen International Airport SZX

Leaving from HK to catch an 8PM flight out of SZX. I plan to have my dinner before the flight. The airport web site is not very clear as to locations of various restaurants, i.e., airside or landside. Usually in such a case at other airports, I’d clear formalities immediately after check-in to find a place to eat airside. This is my first time to SZX and would appreciate advice from more frequent travellers to SZX whether there is any restaurants airside? If so, is there a particular one that is recommended or should be avoided? Thanks.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 7:38 am

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
SZX is a very small airport I don't think you would find much of anything there. I only went there once on a diversion and didn't actually have time to explore. I think it would be safer to eat on the way to the airport.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 8:28 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
SZX is a medium sized airport compared to other very small airports in China (Hohhot, or anyone been to Tongren?)

There are the usual restaurants airside (3 or 4 I guess), all a bit overpriced, presumably all not so good. I'm afraid I can neither recommend nor advise against one. (I usually try to avoid eating at airports)
So, you won't starve, but also won't find a great restaurant there.

Oh, and there's McD and Starbucks, landside though.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by kitsura
I think it would be safer to eat on the way to the airport.
This option is unfortunately not available to me.

I originate from Hong Kong and my flight departs SZX at 8PM. It means that I should catch the 4:15PM or 4:45PM bus from Wanchai to arrive at the airport by 6PM with room to spare in case of congestions at the border or traffic. Mindful that it will be typical evening rush hours at HK that starts at about 4PM until 7PM.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
SZX is a medium sized airport compared to other very small airports in China (Hohhot, or anyone been to Tongren?)

There are the usual restaurants airside (3 or 4 I guess), all a bit overpriced, presumably all not so good. I'm afraid I can neither recommend nor advise against one. (I usually try to avoid eating at airports)
So, you won't starve, but also won't find a great restaurant there.

Oh, and there's McD and Starbucks, landside though.
Although I am flying F, I don’t know what CZ will feed me on a 1¼ hour flight departing at 8PM. It will be near 10PM by the time I get to my hotel.

I don’t expect to find gourmet cuisine at most airports but "food" for the simple purpose of keeping me from being hungry!

I shall ask the check in agent.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:14 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by Clipper801
[...]

I don’t expect to find gourmet cuisine at most airports but "food" for the simple purpose of keeping me from being hungry!

[...]
Plenty available.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:26 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Here's the airport's listing of food/restaurants available:

http://eng.szairport.com/catalog_491.aspx
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Plenty of eateries at SZX, landside and out. And it is indeed one of the larger and busiest airports in China. However, I usually lose my appetite after seeing the prices.

There's a Starbucks airside, in the area between the T1 and T2 gates - yes, once you go airside, the two terminals are connected.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
Here's the airport's listing of food/restaurants available:

http://eng.szairport.com/catalog_491.aspx
Okay. Thanks. Which one is located airside and which one is located landside as I asked in my original post?
Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by rkkwan
Plenty of eateries at SZX, landside and out. And it is indeed one of the larger and busiest airports in China. However, I usually lose my appetite after seeing the prices.

There's a Starbucks airside, in the area between the T1 and T2 gates - yes, once you go airside, the two terminals are connected.
Thanks.

Agreed that the premium charged on food at many airports is quite ridiculous. Unfortunately, the choice is either go hungry or pay the ransom!

I am sure that I shall be able to find something. At worse, wait until I arrive at the hotel at my destination!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Funny story at SZX this past May. SZX-CSX-LHW lunch flight on MU horribly delayed, and no update on expected departure time. We went hungry but like I said, the prices at those restaurants airside is pretty ridiculous. So, we went to 7-Eleven to grab some sandwich.

Right when we finished our sandwiches, some workers pushed out 150 boxed lunches, catered from the Chinese restaurant (located landside, between T1 and T2). Much better food than served om board. Each passenger would go up to the gate to get the lunch with a Pepsi and a bottle of water.

[Anyways, rest of story irrelevant, but we were later bused to a hotel in Fuyong for "rest". And we were served dinner there too. Final delay around 7 hours, but we got to Lanzhou same night, at around 2am.]
Old Sep 15, 2010, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Clipper801
Although I am flying F...
Since you're flying F, the lounge (right side just after ID check) will have decent bites (congee, rice, noodles, fruit, etc) and drink to keep you satisfied until you reach your hotel at 10. Definitely better than catering on board.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by sniles
Since you're flying F, the lounge (right side just after ID check) will have decent bites (congee, rice, noodles, fruit, etc) and drink to keep you satisfied until you reach your hotel at 10. Definitely better than catering on board.
Thanks for the tip! ^

Last edited by Clipper801; Sep 15, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.