Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels in Shanghai

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2007, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat
Hotels in Shanghai

I need recommendations for a hotel in Shanghai as I will be travelling to China and have a couple of days in Shanghai before my onward journeys. It would be nice to stay within the family of hotels whose programs I am affiliated with (though not a deal breaker), but really just need to know what is good value for money. Figuring my budget is about $100-$120 USD per night and it would be nice to be close to central district on either Puxi or Pudong side of river.

Any tips would be great!
Old Jul 26, 2007, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As this isn't appropriate for the Hotel Deals forum (please read the stickyies), I'm moving this to the China forum.

Thanks!

bhatnasx
Mileage Run Moderator
Old Jul 26, 2007, 11:24 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Used priceline.com and won the JW Marriott earlier this year... paid $86.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Have stayed at the JW each time I'm in Shanghai. Excellent hotel. Good location. Would recommend...
Old Jul 26, 2007, 11:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Awesome! You hit jackpot.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 12:23 am

Programs: Miles and More / Millemiglia / Qantas
You could check the Sofitel on Nanjing road (online).
I paid around 900 yuan and had a Deluxe room with breakfast (great buffet on the 30th floor) and complimentary aperitif each night. AQnd it was for the 1st May!
Old Jul 27, 2007, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA1P - Hilton Diamond
I often use the Holiday Inn PuDong Shanghai, which is near the financial district (about 1km).

Rooms start at about USD $95.

My personal preference is to go with an Executive room (floors 30 & 31 if I recall correctly). Those rooms have many perks such as: included Amercian-style hot breakfast on the Executive floor, daily credit of RMB 120 for laundry, 6 free drinks out of the mini-bar, happy hour every day, etc. Those rooms go for about USD $150-$175 a day.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 3:00 pm

Hotels in Shanghai

Does anyone have any information, positive or negative about the Ramada Plaza in Shanghai? It appears to be fairly central with decent looking rooms. Any thoughts? Thanks. Charli
Old Aug 2, 2007, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA1P - Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Charli
Does anyone have any information, positive or negative about the Ramada Plaza in Shanghai? It appears to be fairly central with decent looking rooms. Any thoughts? Thanks. Charli
I believe there are 2 Ramada Plaza in Shanghai (URL will bring you to Tripadvisor hotel reviews):
(1) the Ramada Plaza Shanghai
(2) the Ramada Plaza Pudong

I have been to the Ramada Plaza Pudong and it was okay - not great. It is also far from the actual center of Shanghai (It's more in an industrial part of Shanghai, maybe 20-30 minutes taxi from the financial district).
Old Aug 5, 2007, 4:11 pm

Programs: Marriott rewards, SPG
Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
that's a GREAT price for that hotel. i paid close to $200usd last year summer for that hotel...
Old Aug 10, 2007, 9:56 am

Ramada Plaza Shanghai

Ramada Plaza Shanghai - I would rate as good 3 1/2 star hotel, it is centrally located, walk through back entrance and you're in middle of group of shoppin complexes, etc. Rooms are fine, they have regular/deluxe, superior etc. grades. I get corporate discount, about $110 per night for superior room with breakfast and free internet but not sure what rack rate is. Upstairs (top floor), they have quiet lounge for breakfast and meetings.

Lots of restaurants in hotel plus of course it's a madhouse outside.

719 nanjing rd (east)/700 jiujiang rd
Tel 86 21 6350-0000

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.