The consolidated Peking Duck thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The consolidated Peking Duck thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:22 pm

watermelon AND strawberries ^ in season

I should clarify my above comments. When I said "order a full duck alone" I meant without additional dishes, not that a full duck is meant for one person.

I mean the two of you COULD order a half duck + an appetizer, but you'll regret not getting a full duck and focusing your meal on that.

Last edited by saaveraward; Apr 25, 2018 at 9:33 pm
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Just back from Da Dong. A HUGE hit all around.

I solved the service issue by going into "semi aggressive mode" and just flagged down someone. English was not a significant problem and the one duck was perfect for the two of us. Duck with sides, then soup, the strawberries, no sweet bean dessert, but we were sated.

The meal, with a bottle of wine from the "by the glass" menu came to a total of $88 US. Happy campers who are currently burping away.

I would have no issue going back. With a party of more than two I'd suggest ordering one duck and a couple other dishes, everything that went past our table I wanted to taste.

Last edited by milepig; Apr 29, 2018 at 6:37 pm
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:53 pm

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Shanghai: Quanjude

My regular place in Shanghai is Quanjude, have yet to be disappointed there.
quanjude.com.cn

786 Huai Hai Zhong Lu, HuaiHai Lu ZhongDuan, Xuhui, Shanghai Shi, China, 200000

An easy 10' walk on Huaihai from Line 1 Shaanxi South Road Exit 2, lots of interesting stores along that street too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.